Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
"cause"

mandr

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:04 am
It bothers me when people write "cause" instead of "because". It's not like it'll take you another five minutes to write "be" in front of it. And if that's too difficult for you, then at least do it properly and write 'cause the proper way. Another option would be to write "b/c" if you're super-short on time. Ok, just had to get that out there!

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:05 am
Ok, because you said so... Smile

puzzle

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:09 pm
mandr wrote:
It bothers me when people write "cause" instead of "because". It's not like it'll take you another five minutes to write "be" in front of it. And if that's too difficult for you, then at least do it properly and write 'cause the proper way. Another option would be to write "b/c" if you're super-short on time. Ok, just had to get that out there!

I write it like that cause that's how I say it. And I skip the postraphe cause when Im writing casually I dont always put them in.

Bleemee

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:14 pm
Cuz I wanna.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:15 pm
mandr wrote:

Cuz is also an option!

NechaMom

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:16 pm
puzzle wrote:
I write it like that cause that's how I say it. And I skip the postraphe cause when Im writing casually I dont always put them in.

If we right things the weigh we say it, it can still look very rung!

momsrus

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:19 pm
I write bec

Happy now?

puzzle

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:35 pm
NechaMom wrote:
If we right things the weigh we say it, it can still look very rung!

Yes, but real words have a proper spelling. There's no one correct way to write "cause" because it's not a proper word.

The Happy Wife

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:37 pm
puzzle wrote:
Yes, but real words have a proper spelling. There's no one correct way to write "cause" because it's not a proper word.

You've never heard of cause and effect? 😉

puzzle

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:39 pm
The Happy Wife wrote:
You've never heard of cause and effect? 😉

Lol that's why I put it in quotes

The Happy Wife

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:40 pm
'cause takes me much longer to type from a phone cuz you havta go to a whole other screen for symbols.

Am I going to 'cause anxiety with this post?

The Happy Wife

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:43 pm
puzzle wrote:
Lol that's why I put it in quotes

Yes, but it is still a real word, even when in quotes.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:46 pm
I just absolutely love the spell check or the grammar police here. Op, you have some time on your hands? Come over to me I'll give you what to do.

puzzle

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:50 pm
The Happy Wife wrote:
Yes, but it is still a real word, even when in quotes.

"Cause" as the abbreviation of because is not a proper word, so I put it in quotes to refer to the one we'd been discussing as opposed to the proper word, cause.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:57 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I just absolutely love the spell check or the grammar police here. Op, you have some time on your hands? Come over to me I'll give you what to do.

It’s a light thread. No need to be rude. Whoever is on imamother in general can come help me do my housework...

Genius

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:10 pm
puzzle wrote:
"Cause" as the abbreviation of because is not a proper word, so I put it in quotes to refer to the one we'd been discussing as opposed to the proper word, cause.

The total number of characters is identical, may as well use because. On the other hand ‘cause saves us a character and if you do it once a day, twice on Sunday instead of Shabbos, you’ll have saved 3650 characters in ten years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics