Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for ICU staff

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:10 pm
What is an appropriate way for family to thank staff on the ICU floor? Someone told me chocolate platter. Would that be practical and appreciated for all the staff to share? My brother really wants to give out Starbucks cards but he’s not sure if this is allowed. I’d especially like to see tried and true advice for example if you gave or got something that went over well. Our parent is still there but BH making slow progress. Thank you!

613mitzvahgirl

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:13 pm
Maybe a fruit platter, or a doughnut platter.
Refuah sheleima to whomever it is.

avigail

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:22 pm
Hospital nurse- all of the above are fine. We all love to eat, and we all appreciate any gesture of gratitude . Chocolate, cookies, fruit..keep in mind it does need to be kosher even if you think none of the staff us Jewish because 1 may be.
Starbucks cards or the like are also great, just its hard to make sure not to forget anyone if you give individually. If you can try to include a nice thank you card, we really appreciate them, generally hang on our staff bulletin board.

MinnieMa

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:36 pm
When my baby was in the picu , we would buy Dunkin’ Donuts like an assortment a dozen. They all appreciated it . When we were discharged I think I bought a bunch of Dunkin’ Donuts gift cards and write a nice note to each staff that I felt I wanted to give to. Of course I gave it when no one else was looking like when they came in my room and it was just them. They were so appreciative

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 9:37 pm
Any food item except sushi

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 11:47 pm
When my baby was discharged from the nicu I dropped off 2 dozen donuts.. boy did they appreciate it!! I did give chocolate bars while he was there

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 11:57 pm
I’ve done doughnuts, hot chocolate, chocolate bars and a crave box

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:40 am
I got the impression that the nurses were fed up with junk food and gave out pocketbook sized hand creams - one for each - with the message: For the warmest and softest hands we could ever ask have asked for. Thank you so much for all the loving care.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 10:30 am
Thanks all for your suggestions. 613 appreciate your well wishes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics