Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Computer Filter Recomendations

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:28 pm
(If you're anti having a filter or just don't understand why I can't be my own filter, etc, please move on and start a debate on a different thread. TIA)

The filter I've had for a while is raising their prices drastically and I'm looking into other options. What filter do you use? Do you like it?

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:29 pm
Following!

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
(If you're anti having a filter or just don't understand why I can't be my own filter, etc, please move on and start a debate on a different thread. TIA)

The filter I've had for a while is raising their prices drastically and I'm looking into other options. What filter do you use? Do you like it?

Don't have a specific recommendation but just wanted to say I appreciate your comment in parentheses!

Cressel

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:43 pm
amother OP wrote:

I use Webchaver. I'm very happy with it!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:44 pm
Cressel wrote:
I use Webchaver. I'm very happy with it!

Is Webchaver a filter, like it blocks sites?
Or it just takes pictures and sends data of sites you visit to your designated 'chaver'?

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:55 pm
I like kaspersky safe kids.
It blocks the heavy things (you set your standards with the specifics). Im mainly looking to keep prn and smut out, I couldnt care less if theres a woman in a bikini in an underwear ad.
For $15 a year we get unlimited devices, a detailed report of all sites (and specifics-so if ots youtube, it shows you which video) each device visited (I LOVE this).
Theres a free version but it doesnt give you the report and aome other stuff.
My favorite part of this-DH and I are in control, not an outside party. If something is blocked, both he and I have the code to unblock it, and we are aware of what is going on. The kids can also hit "send request' and my phone gets an alert thatbtheyve asked permission to unblock something, and I can grant it from my phone.

I know some people want more things filtered at a much heavier level but this works for us

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:13 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
I like kaspersky safe kids.
It blocks the heavy things (you set your standards with the specifics). Im mainly looking to keep prn and smut out, I couldnt care less if theres a woman in a bikini in an underwear ad.
For $15 a year we get unlimited devices, a detailed report of all sites (and specifics-so if ots youtube, it shows you which video) each device visited (I LOVE this).
Theres a free version but it doesnt give you the report and aome other stuff.
My favorite part of this-DH and I are in control, not an outside party. If something is blocked, both he and I have the code to unblock it, and we are aware of what is going on. The kids can also hit "send request' and my phone gets an alert thatbtheyve asked permission to unblock something, and I can grant it from my phone.

I know some people want more things filtered at a much heavier level but this works for us

Thank you so much, I didn't know about this! Does anyone know how tight it is with regard to smart kids being able to get around the filter somehow?

Also do you know if this (or any) filter can block apps on the Microsoft store? I am currently trying Techloq and it doesn't look like they do. I don't like the idea of my kids having free rein of the app store.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:16 pm
We use gentech. Its expensive but good
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics