Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
ISO System to Organize Shul Shelves

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:53 am
The shelves in the ladies section are a huge mess
A few ladies and I would like to volunteer to organize it
But I feel that we need some type of system where ANYONE could put a Sefer away properly
Basically we have 2 problems
1. Cleaning crew pick up siddurim, chumashim, Tehillim books and place them randomly in the shelf. That would be ok, but sometimes when there’s not enough room (because it’s not organized) books are placed horizontally or haphazardly. And then when there is no room the ladies need to leave the sefarim on chairs.
2. Men use the women section during the week and leave behind other sefarim that don’t belong there.

I need a system, preferably color coded.
That is so easy even a child can do it and that ppl would feel inclined to keep it up since it looks so nice. Also easy for cleaning crew to know where things belong .

Maybe with colored stickers.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 11:29 am
Simplest is to color code the shelves and then put a matching color sticker on each sefer. Such as a green sticker is for all the siddurim and all the siddurim have a green sticker. All the chumashim are marked blue and go on the blue shelf and so on.
And maybe see if you can leave one shelf blank for all the overflow of random sefarim that end up there and it can get sorted once a week or so.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 3:23 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
Simplest is to color code the shelves and then put a matching color sticker on each sefer. Such as a green sticker is for all the siddurim and all the siddurim have a green sticker. All the chumashim are marked blue and go on the blue shelf and so on.
And maybe see if you can leave one shelf blank for all the overflow of random sefarim that end up there and it can get sorted once a week or so.

Yes that’s what I’m thinking

dena613

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 3:57 pm
https://theseforimorganizers.com/services/
they provide this service
Look here for ideas.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 7:41 am
Which type of stickers should
I use

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 10:39 am
Bump

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 11:45 am
I've seen shuls with color coded systems use colored duct tape, but that is probably very time intensive (cutting pieces of tape).

You can search for colored labels, something like this
https://www.target.com/p/96ct-.....aw.ds
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics