Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Yeshiva World Breastmilk Article

sigree

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:03 am
Did anyone else see this article? I am so disturbed that a man is writing about the positives of breastmilk on a mainstream Jewish news site. For those who haven’t seen.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

dena613

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:07 am
His articles tend to be strange. I wonder what he does in real life. I guess write these articles.

to give him credit, he never said straight out that he was talking about nursing. It was in a roundabout way

MommyM

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:26 am
Just read it now that you linked it... seems like a very weird article to me.

NechaMom

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:32 am
Something happened with the layout of their site. Only by me?

2cents

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 2:11 am
I don't understand why it's so "disturbing". At all. Breast milk is an amazing thing. Nursing is discussed all over halacha and is very normal. He didn't write in a crude or descriptive way. He seemed to be simply expounding on the amazing-ness of how Hashem created it.

sigree

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 3:55 am
2cents wrote:
I don't understand why it's so "disturbing". At all. Breast milk is an amazing thing. Nursing is discussed all over halacha and is very normal. He didn't write in a crude or descriptive way. He seemed to be simply expounding on the amazing-ness of how Hashem created it.

Breastmilk is an amazing thing agreed. It’s just crude for a man to be extolling the virtues of Breastmilk with no other apparent point to the article on a Jewish news site. It’s an odd choice of topic. My issue is not with Breastmilk, it’s with the article.

dina125

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:19 am
I thought it was written in a very creative and interesting manner actually. Like only at the end so you realize it is talking about something Hashem created. I don't think the topic is strange even for a man and I think only purpose was to generate appreciation for Hashem's amazing world.

harriet

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:22 am
If you find this disturbing, you probably shouldn’t learn gemara

realsilver

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:59 am
NechaMom wrote:
Something happened with the layout of their site. Only by me?

yes! it looks like it was redone!
I like it a lot better

Trademark

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:28 am
harriet wrote:
If you find this disturbing, you probably shouldn’t learn gemara

Just because it's in gemara doesn't mean it needs a to be an article on a news site.

They also discuss menstrual cycles and relations...

There is an appropriate time and place for everything.

Personally I found it weird and out of place.

scruffy

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:41 am
sigree wrote:
Breastmilk is an amazing thing agreed. It’s just crude for a man to be extolling the virtues of Breastmilk with no other apparent point to the article on a Jewish news site. It’s an odd choice of topic. My issue is not with Breastmilk, it’s with the article.

He's written many similar articles about various wonders of the body/ natural world. I didn't find it creepy.

jerusalem90

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 9:17 am
I just read the article. Did not find it creepy or inapropriate. There is one issue I take with it:

"This article introduces its readers to IMT – Infant Milk Technology and its products. It also helps encourage readers to use IMT products for from anywhere to six months to a year"

Why only up to a year?

NechaMom

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 9:58 am
realsilver wrote:
yes! it looks like it was redone!
I like it a lot better

By me it worse. The words on the side are like one word per line. Very hard to read.

salt

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 6:40 am
jerusalem90 wrote:
I just read the article. Did not find it creepy or inapropriate. There is one issue I take with it:

"This article introduces its readers to IMT – Infant Milk Technology and its products. It also helps encourage readers to use IMT products for from anywhere to six months to a year"

Why only up to a year?

I agree. And why manufacturing facilities only in all fifty states of the USA - what about elsewhere?

observer

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 12:52 pm
I actually liked it! Clearly the point is to recognize and appreciate niflaos haborei! Not weird or inappropriate.

And to think that one of those amazing manufacturing plants is my body!! Baruch Hashem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics