Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Zipadee zip

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 11:27 am
Did anyone know if the zipadee zip swaddle is safe for rolling? Baby is already trying though not quite there yet, and I'm scared, but also not looking forward to transitioning completely out of the swaddle.

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 11:30 am
No swaddle is safe for rolling especially if the arms are closed in

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 11:35 am
mushkamothers wrote:
No swaddle is safe for rolling especially if the arms are closed in

Grrr... OK. Any recs on how to make the transition the least painful for everyone involved?

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 11:51 am
Zipadee zip is perfectly safe. My toddler just gave it up at age 2!

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 11:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Grrr... OK. Any recs on how to make the transition the least painful for everyone involved?

The swaddle inhibits the Moro reflex. It's a reflex that needs to happen so that it becames integrated. Basically the brain realizes that it's not necessary and it stops doing it.
So the only way out is through. Baby has to startle in order to learn to stop doing it...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:00 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
The swaddle inhibits the Moro reflex. It's a reflex that needs to happen so that it becames integrated. Basically the brain realizes that it's not necessary and it stops doing it.
So the only way out is through. Baby has to startle in order to learn to stop doing it...

I've noticed that she has been slowly growing out of the startle reflex. I'm more worried about poking or scratching herself in the face and waking up.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:01 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
Zipadee zip is perfectly safe. My toddler just gave it up at age 2!

Was he/she able to roll on to their back from their stomach in it?

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
Was he/she able to roll on to their back from their stomach in it?
yes of course. He was able to run in it

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:05 pm
Zipadee zip is safe. It’s made in a way that the hands are not restricted and they can roll and move in it. It’s meant for all ages including toddlers. We used it from 5 months to 2 years. I highly recommend it.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:08 pm
The zippy swaddle is not for rolling babies. The zipadee zip is.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:36 pm
Thanks all!

Orangehead

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:57 pm
Eva Klein has an episode on her podcast about this topic titled “How to transition your baby out of the swaddle”

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 1:06 pm
I started my baby in a swaddle blanket. When he was a few months old, I got a magic Merlin swaddle. That was great because his arms were out, like he wanted, but his hands could either be covered or not. When he was 6 months old I got a swaddledesigns sleep sack, and that’s what he’s been using ever since. It is sleeveless, so he is completely able to use his arms. He is also able to stand and walk in it, although I’m not sure it’s really meant for that, and he does look a little funny and awkward.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 3:27 pm
The zipadee zip happens to look adorable. Funny but adorable. They’re pricy though and it doesn’t always work for all kids. One of mine loved her swaddle and the zipadee didn’t help her transition out at all. Another one transitioned just fine into a zipadee.

Every baby is different so what works for one won’t necessarily work for another.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 4:40 pm
amother Navy wrote:
The zipadee zip happens to look adorable. Funny but adorable. They’re pricy though and it doesn’t always work for all kids. One of mine loved her swaddle and the zipadee didn’t help her transition out at all. Another one transitioned just fine into a zipadee.

Every baby is different so what works for one won’t necessarily work for another.

Omg! It looks hilarious, like a flying squirrel 🤣
They are pricey which is why I don't want to buy the next size up and need her to be out of it by the time it gets too small.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 4:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Omg! It looks hilarious, like a flying squirrel 🤣
They are pricey which is why I don't want to buy the next size up and need her to be out of it by the time it gets too small.

Well it was my baby’s pajamas so I just factored in that instead of buying pajamas I just bought a zipadee. If you have community chats ask if anyone is giving away or will lend you one. I got a second one that way (and was able to borrow to try one out for free with both of my babies to see if it was worth purchasing).
Also if you don’t mind used check out eBay. I remember seeing them a bit cheaper there when I was looking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics