Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher cheese powder?

DallasIma

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 4:11 pm
Is there such a thing as a kosher cheese powder like the kind that comes with Wacky Mac, but just to buy the cheese powder on its own? I've searched and have not found anything online.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 4:18 pm
Yes. I have. It in my pantry but I’m not home and I don’t remember the brand

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 9:55 pm
DallasIma wrote:
Is there such a thing as a kosher cheese powder like the kind that comes with Wacky Mac, but just to buy the cheese powder on its own? I've searched and have not found anything online.

Do you eat ou-d?
I have one from trader Joe's.

(I've never had wacky Mac so I don't know if it's the same thing)

lucky14

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:15 pm
The Trader Joes one in the spice section is the only one I know of.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:54 pm
If you google kosher cheese powder, a bunch of possibilities appear.

I am not going to link because it really depends on whether you accept the hecksher or not so you would have to check them out to see if you would use them.

DallasIma

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:56 pm
Thanks, everyone. I'll ask at my local Trader Joe's next time I go there. As for searching online, even if I put in the word "kosher," all kinds of cheese powders come up, some without any hechsher at all. So I gave up and posted my question here.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:57 pm
DallasIma wrote:
Thanks, everyone. I'll ask at my local Trader Joe's next time I go there. As for searching online, even if I put in the word "kosher," all kinds of cheese powders come up, some without any hechsher at all. So I gave up and posted my question here.

The Trader Joe is a seasoning I think and not a powder. Some people use this kind of cheese seasoning as a lower calorie way to season steamed veggies or even air popped popcorn.

When I experimented, a lot of kosher cheese powders came up but since I didn't want to spend time investigating individual hecksher so I have no idea what you would find acceptable. For example, what is Michigan kosher?

DallasIma

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 1:02 pm
I would want to at least see some kind of hechsher on the package, and then I would run it by my local kashrut organization or representative to see if it's acceptable. But a lot of the things that came up when I searched didn't seem to have any hechsher at all. I don't know why search engines do that, and I am fairly computer-savvy.

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 9:04 pm
DallasIma wrote:
I would want to at least see some kind of hechsher on the package, and then I would run it by my local kashrut organization or representative to see if it's acceptable. But a lot of the things that came up when I searched didn't seem to have any hechsher at all. I don't know why search engines do that, and I am fairly computer-savvy.

The TJs one I am referring to is OU-D.
It's available on Amazon here so you can see what it looks like:
https://www.amazon.com/Trader-.....ss_tl

DallasIma

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 9:06 pm
Thanks so much!!

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:16 pm
DallasIma wrote:
Thanks so much!!

My pleasure!
I benefit so much from this website I think this is the first time I got to help someone Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen