Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
2023-2024 written permit NJ

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 6:22 am
can someone please give me the steps needed to get the written permit done. We live in Lakewood. My child is 20 years old. Also, when in the process does the vision test need to be done. Thank you!

imasinger

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 6:27 am
https://www.nj.gov/mvc/license/firstlic.htm

Vision test is at the same time as the permit test.

The manual is available online, see the link for details.

Check with your insurance company,and decide whether it's worth having DC do a driving course. The cost of the course could be offset by the savings to your policy by showing proof of having done the course.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 10:16 pm
Thank you so much for the link & info!
I still need to clarify something. It seems the address & available appointments for both the permit, & the knowledge test are at the same address.
So my question is; is it possible to go for the permit AND take the knowledge test consecutively on the same day!!!!?? And take the knowledge test after the permit is given??
Thank you!

gingleale

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 10:52 pm
You have to pass the knowledge test and eye exam in order to get the permit. You don't get the permit first. You just need to make one appointment for the written test and go from there.

boysboysboys

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much for the link & info!
I still need to clarify something. It seems the address & available appointments for both the permit, & the knowledge test are at the same address.
So my question is; is it possible to go for the permit AND take the knowledge test consecutively on the same day!!!!?? And take the knowledge test after the permit is given??
Thank you!

So technically the site won’t let you use the same email address to schedule both appointments but the woman I spoke to at the dmv said as a workaround you can use two different emails. We picked up the book the same time as purchasing the permit so my son needed time to study before the written test.

boysboysboys

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:03 pm
gingleale wrote:
You have to pass the knowledge test and eye exam in order to get the permit. You don't get the permit first. You just need to make one appointment for the written test and go from there.

No, first you need an appointment schedule to just go purchase the permit, then you schedule another appointment to take the written test. Once you pass the written test you are then legally allowed to use the permit to drive.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 12:21 am
boysboysboys wrote:
No, first you need an appointment schedule to just go purchase the permit, then you schedule another appointment to take the written test. Once you pass the written test you are then legally allowed to use the permit to drive.

That's what they say, but when I actually went to purchase the permit they said I could go take the test right then. This was a few months ago at Toms River DMV

boysboysboys

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 12:23 am
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
That's what they say, but when I actually went to purchase the permit they said I could go take the test right then. This was a few months ago at Toms River DMV

Yes if they have an opening they’ll let you, but we didn’t have the book yet so 🤷‍♀️ but if you can borrow it or study online, and they have an opening that day they will let .

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 1:59 pm
Where does everyone get the permit test sample questions from? Is it available online?

boysboysboys

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 3:51 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
Where does everyone get the permit test sample questions from? Is it available online?

There are sample tests online. The Dmv gives you the book to study for free
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries