Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Yeshivish in Woodmere that send to Darchei?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 5:46 pm
Does this exist? Or all the yeshivish send to Siach?

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 5:56 pm
Definable some yeshivish from Woodmere although more from Cedarhurst.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 7:01 pm
Thank you! What's shuls and streets in Cedarhurst?? I didn't realize that their is a yeshivish crowd there?

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 7:05 pm
My SIL is yeshivish and she sends to darchei but I don't know which part of five towns she lives in

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 7:20 pm
I live in cedarhurst and send to Darchei, as do most of my neighbors.
There is definitely a very yeshivish and not so small section of woodmere that sends to Darchei as well (mainly the Yagdil crowd)

ETA. In my experience, the cedarhurst crowd is not necessarily Yeshivish. The woodmere crowd is.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 9:49 pm
Thank you so much.
Cedarhurst would be a great option- what are the yeshivish shuls (have learning at night, black hat, focused on ruchniyus etc) in Cedarhurst?
Thank you!!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:14 pm
What do you consider yeshivish? The word is very relative. The only yeshivish ppl I know in cedarhurst are the shul rabbis. It is generally known as the least yeshivish town.

The yeshivish area in woodmere is at the hewlett woodmere border. It is mostly a siach crowd but there are definitely darchei families too.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:45 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
What do you consider yeshivish? The word is very relative. The only yeshivish ppl I know in cedarhurst are the shul rabbis. It is generally known as the least yeshivish town.

The yeshivish area in woodmere is at the hewlett woodmere border. It is mostly a siach crowd but there are definitely darchei families too.

I know a few who are not Rabbis but definitely not many. Look into Rabbi Glatsteins shul. There are also some yeshivish families by the shteibal.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:45 pm
Yeshivish in Woodmere that sends to Darchei here Hi

There is a very nice sized group of yeshivish families in Woodmere who send to Darchei! They are in the academy area. Like Midwood, Greenfield, Northfield, etc. Many of us daven in Mishkan Yisroel. Amazing crowd. My son is in a far Rockaway class that has a Woodmere group in the class. It's the best of both worlds bh. We're super happy at Darchei bh.

There is a much bigger yeshivish crowd in Woodmere than Cedarhurst.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 11:15 pm
I moved away from Cedarhurst but I was not the only yeshivish person when I lived there. Like someone said rabbi glatstein’s shul and there are others sprinkled around.

amother
Peru

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 1:39 am
I don't know much about the five towns but I do know that Siach only has about 40 kids per grade including those from far Rockaway so I can only assume that many yeshivish people in the five towns are going to darchei...? Is darchei not yeshivish anymore? I thought it was THE yeshiva and the less yeshivish kids are in South shore or yeshiva ketana but ds is still a baby so I don't really know the scene yet.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 1:43 am
amother Peru wrote:
I don't know much about the five towns but I do know that Siach only has about 40 kids per grade including those from far Rockaway so I can only assume that many yeshivish people in the five towns are going to darchei...? Is darchei not yeshivish anymore? I thought it was THE yeshiva and the less yeshivish kids are in South shore or yeshiva ketana but ds is still a baby so I don't really know the scene yet.

Darchei has tons of yeshivish families.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 7:55 am
Thank you so much for all your help! Three questions if anyone might be willing to answer Id really appreciate all your time!

The Yeshivish area in Woodmere- Academy area- seems to have very high taxes.
Cedarhurst taxes seem much less. Am I missing something about that?
Im just wondering if in Cedarhurst my sons will have friends from school in the neighborhood for ' shabbos, playing outside after school etc. Would want like-minded peers for my boys in the area.

Is the yeshivish area in Woodmere a place where someone who likes the idea of living "simpler" would feel comfortable. As in, not the latest style wig and stroller, tries to be happy with what we have and not into the latest trends?

How long does the bus ride take from Darchei to the Academy area in Woodmere? Are the pickup times really early for the boys? What about for Mesivta boys in Darchei. I think they end like past 9pm- parents pick up or thier is busing that late?

Thank you so much again

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:37 am
Bump anyone might be able to help with the questions above? Thank you!

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:44 am
Yes the taxes are higher but there are many klei kodesh etc that can do the high tax areas bec of that.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:51 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much for all your help! Three questions if anyone might be willing to answer Id really appreciate all your time!

The Yeshivish area in Woodmere- Academy area- seems to have very high taxes.
Cedarhurst taxes seem much less. Am I missing something about that?
Im just wondering if in Cedarhurst my sons will have friends from school in the neighborhood for ' shabbos, playing outside after school etc. Would want like-minded peers for my boys in the area.

Is the yeshivish area in Woodmere a place where someone who likes the idea of living "simpler" would feel comfortable. As in, not the latest style wig and stroller, tries to be happy with what we have and not into the latest trends?

How long does the bus ride take from Darchei to the Academy area in Woodmere? Are the pickup times really early for the boys? What about for Mesivta boys in Darchei. I think they end like past 9pm- parents pick up or thier is busing that late?

Thank you so much again

Yes there are higher taxes in woodmere. That's kind of why there's a yeshivish crowd there.. anyone that's a rebbi can apply for a clergy exemption which makes the taxes affordable. So you get a lot of klej kodesh families over there.

There are plenty of Cedarhurst boys in darchei as well. It's not going to be an concentrated as Far Rockaway, but there's plenty.

I can't comment on the latest stroller or shaitel per say, but I'll tell you that it is still the five towns. It's a wealthy area. Id say before buying a home on any block, find out who lives there and ask them (your realtor or even the seller should be able to give you names of families on the block).

Don't know about the mesivta question, I doubt there's busses that late but I don't know. The bus ride is probably about half an hour, but can depend on if your son is the first or last stop.

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 10:09 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
Yes there are higher taxes in woodmere. That's kind of why there's a yeshivish crowd there.. anyone that's a rebbi can apply for a clergy exemption which makes the taxes affordable. So you get a lot of klej kodesh families over there.

Sorry if off-topic, and I can start a S/O if necessary, but is this a simple thing that every man who works as a Rebbe in a school is automatically considered clergy and completely exempt from paying property taxes? Does it matter the exact nature and hours of his job, and where exactly he lives? And how can I find out more about this?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating