Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Making aliyah right out of seminary
Previous  1  2

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:39 am
Elfrida wrote:
Most single apartments that I know are three or four rooms, with each girl having their own room. I suppose your scenario would work for girls right out of seminary and happy with a dorm style environment in return for cheap rent. Once they have a job and are earning a normal income, they want their own space.

The girls I know ranged from 20-25.... But this was a few years ago.

But both were apartments with all BY girls.

banana123

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:41 am
amother OP wrote:
I hope it's okay to ask this here and not on the aliyah forum.

DD is considering staying in Israel after seminary and officially making aliyah.
I am trying to figure out whether this is something that is done. I assume that some girls from non-BY seminaries end up staying. DD is in a "Bais Yaakov lite" seminary.

I want to make sure she will have some sort of framework/chevra/direction/educational plan.

Who can she talk to about this? What kind of educational options will she have? She is somewhere between DL and Chareidi so I'm not sure what direction she should look into.

I did this, but I had a definite plan for what I would be doing after aliya. Happy to chat with her.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info