Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Are you going to Orlando for pesach

When are you leaving
Before shabbos  
 20%  [ 1 ]
Early Sunday morning  
 40%  [ 2 ]
Sunday afternoon  
 40%  [ 2 ]
Sunday evening/monday  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 7:44 pm
When are you leaving??? Trying to decide if it’s worth it to make shabbos there

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 7:14 am
I'm not going to Orlando this year, but we've gone away for Pesach to a rental home in the past. When we looked at the calendar this year, DH realized this would be one of the complications. Sunday night is bedikas chometz.

There are so many variables and unknowns when renting a place that there's no way we could possibly feel comfortable only arriving there Sunday afternoon for the first time, a few hours before bedika! And once you have to get there before Shabbos and make a chometzdike Shabbos and then clean it up, that makes things even harder.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:27 pm
Bump. Anyone else?

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:33 pm
Not going to Orlando but assume if I was it would be before shabbos

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:38 pm
It depends when you would arrive.

If we show up the day of bedikas chometz, we get there as early as possible and don't unpack until after bedikas chometz. Even if we get there the day before, we do a thorough check before unpacking. I think I would get there Sunday if I could arrive by 2 or 3 at the latest and I didn't have to cook much. I would have one of us take the kids swimming while the other checked through the house carefully (we found half a Twinkie in a bedroom drawer) and kasher as necessary. Do the garage/game room after the kitchen, and the kids can head in there if they're not in the pool. And have any food you need delivered vs going to the stores that day.

Otherwise, I would go for Shabbos but keep Shabbos Pesachdik other than challah and maybe some nosh for dessert. I would eat chametz outside- by the pool if the alarm system allows for it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics