Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
VENT:Is this Lakewood HVAC person right abt. furnace filters

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:30 pm
I searched the site for a HVAC persons company name and I see many were happy with this specific HVAC person whose name I wont mention.

I had a contractor look at my furnace and he saw that when you have to replace the filter, you get too close to wires, and suggested I call a specific HVAC person to give me access outside the furnace to slip a filter in easily.

He sent his worker and after 1 hour I had access outside of the furnace to put a filter in.
The worker told me hes giving me a very low quality filter, so when I get a chance I should get a better one online. I ordered a top rated filter online (Filtrete 3M) in the exact size of the filter he put in and recommended, and it didnt fit. I couldnt force it in.

So I called the boss to say that his worker told me to get a better filter, but the better filter doesnt fit.

He gave me a link to a commercial company online for a paper thin filter that costs $4 a piece.

I called this company that the HVAC person raved about and I asked if the other filter on his website. thats pleated, but the same size, is better. He said definitely. The pleated one is better.

I called the HVAC person to tell him that I called the company he recommended, and they told me the pleated one is better.

the HVAC co boss who sent a worker to do the work in my home, said the $4 filter is good enough.

All I want is for the HVAC boss or worker to come down to adjust his work a bit so I can fit in a very slightly wider filter. The boss answered that if I put in a new system for $10,000 he will come back.

Shouldnt the HVAC person who did the work in one hour for $450 have told me that this work only will allow me to slip in a uniquely thin inferior filter?

Shouldnt he come by for a short time to see if he can make some adjustment for his work to allow a thicker better filter?

I told the contractor who recommended this HVAC person that Id happily pay another HVAC person to adjust the work of the HVAC person that I paid $450 to, so that I can use better quality filters, going forward. Hes thinking what he can do for me, hes a mentch even though I didnt pay this contractor a penny. He was only in my house to give me an estimate.

HVAC person says Amazon reviews mean nothing. Theyre all lies! And the commercial supply person that he recommended, doesnt know! The thinner filters are just as good.

WWYD?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
I searched the site for a HVAC persons company name and I see many were happy with this specific HVAC person whose name I wont mention.

I had a contractor look at my furnace and he saw that when you have to replace the filter, you get too close to wires, and suggested I call a specific HVAC person to give me access outside the furnace to slip a filter in easily.

He sent his worker and after 1 hour I had access outside of the furnace to put a filter in.
The worker told me hes giving me a very low quality filter, so when I get a chance I should get a better one online. I ordered a top rated filter online (Filtrete 3M) in the exact size of the filter he put in and recommended, and it didnt fit. I couldnt force it in.

So I called the boss to say that his worker told me to get a better filter, but the better filter doesnt fit.

He gave me a link to a commercial company online for a paper thin filter that costs $4 a piece.

I called this company that the HVAC person raved about and I asked if the other filter on his website. thats pleated, but the same size, is better. He said definitely. The pleated one is better.

I called the HVAC person to tell him that I called the company he recommended, and they told me the pleated one is better.

the HVAC co boss who sent a worker to do the work in my home, said the $4 filter is good enough.

All I want is for the HVAC boss or worker to come down to adjust his work a bit so I can fit in a very slightly wider filter. The boss answered that if I put in a new system for $10,000 he will come back.

Shouldnt the HVAC person who did the work in one hour for $450 have told me that this work only will allow me to slip in a uniquely thin inferior filter?

Shouldnt he come by for a short time to see if he can make some adjustment for his work to allow a thicker better filter?

I told the contractor who recommended this HVAC person that Id happily pay another HVAC person to adjust the work of the HVAC person that I paid $450 to, so that I can use better quality filters, going forward. Hes thinking what he can do for me, hes a mentch even though I didnt pay this contractor a penny. He was only in my house to give me an estimate.

HVAC person says Amazon reviews mean nothing. Theyre all lies! And the commercial supply person that he recommended, doesnt know! The thinner filters are just as good.

WWYD?

Can’t answer about ur story but our HVAC person told us that the cheap filters that you get from center of town are the best filters because they don’t let anything get stuck whereas all these fancy ones don’t allow proper airflow….
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries