Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
SCAM ALERT!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:13 pm
Lately there have been quite a few spam sites that look identical to Jewish owned children's clothing websites. The names of the sites are similar, but instead of .com it says .shop or .myshopify, etc...

BEWARE! Check the site names before purchasing. If you see that too many sizes are in stock or there are discounts that don't make sense, double check.

*I'm posting this because someone linked a fake whoopi site on another thread... Whoopi's site is this www.whoopikids.com not .shopify...

Good luck

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
Lately there have been quite a few spam sites that look identical to Jewish owned children's clothing websites. The names of the sites are similar, but instead of .com it says .shop or .myshopify, etc...

BEWARE! Check the site names before purchasing. If you see that too many sizes are in stock or there are discounts that don't make sense, double check.

*I'm posting this because someone linked a fake whoopi site on another thread... Whoopi's site is this www.whoopikids.com not .shopify...

Good luck

It’s actually the same website. They sell via Shopify, and sometimes the url will show at myshopify. But if you go to a different page on their site or refresh it will usually update to .com

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:18 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
It’s actually the same website. They sell via Shopify, and sometimes the url will show at myshopify. But if you go to a different page on their site or refresh it will usually update to .com

Thanks for clarifying... There were recently scams where they copied jewish sites and the web was .shop instead of .com but they had much more "stock" or bigger "sales". Turns out it was fraud

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:20 pm
This happened with The Mimi boutique's site before.

asdfjkl;

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:21 pm
Help. I found a website today that looked too good to be true, but my credit card wasn’t accepted. Do I have to worry?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:24 pm
Yes, I came across a bunch of these while searching for baby footie sales.

One example:

Fake site https://www.cotandbow.shop/

Real site https://cotandbow.com/

giftedmom

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:28 pm
I fell for one of these and ended up having to get a new card because they started putting charges onto it

asdfjkl;

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:35 pm
Oh no. It’sa new card that I really don’t want to close. Do I have to worry if the charge didn’t go through?

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:37 pm
Btw .shop doesn't mean it's a scam. Adee by fame just opened and their site is adee.clothing. it's a shtick

asdfjkl;

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:54 pm
Yes but I see there are two websites with the same name it’s ela ella

theoneandonly

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:58 pm
asdfjkl; wrote:
Oh no. It’sa new card that I really don’t want to close. Do I have to worry if the charge didn’t go through?

They may have stolen the card info. Be on the alert for any strange activity on the card and call the card company if so.

asdfjkl;

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:11 pm
Ok I’ll look out for it. Thank you!

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:23 pm
I had this in the summer.
That’s why I try to use PayPal only for online shopping especially with a website I’m unsure of.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 7:06 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
Btw .shop doesn't mean it's a scam. Adee by fame just opened and their site is adee.clothing. it's a shtick

It's not a shtick. It's cheaper to buy a domain like .clothing than .com, so newer companies might do it (and scammers)

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 7:31 pm
asdfjkl; wrote:
Yes but I see there are two websites with the same name it’s ela ella

Yes the other one is fraud, I was scammed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics