Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Signature required-arriving on shabbos

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 11:26 am
Anyone have any ideas for signature required packages arriving on shabbos? I’ve heard that you can put a note on the door asking them to leave it, has anyone done that?

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 11:34 am
The postman knows we can't sign, he's been working in Jewish areas for years and just signs for us. He does this without us asking, seems someone explained that we can't ask outright.

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 11:37 am
Tell the delivery person you can't sign for religious reasons. They will usually offer to sign for you. At least that's been my experience.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 11:39 am
You should have the option of doing signature release

nicole81

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 11:42 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
Tell the delivery person you can't sign for religious reasons. They will usually offer to sign for you. At least that's been my experience.

My experience too.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 11:46 am
My experience in Brooklyn:

UPS, FedEx, and USPS will generally all leave packages without a signature if you leave a note, unless they're delivering alcohol. DHL requires a signature.

Do you know which courier will he delivering the package?

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 2:40 pm
Usually they are flexible but one time they weren’t.
It was medicine for my IVF cycle and it was time sensitive and they wouldn’t release it.

Better to ask the people sending it to not do “signature required” if possible.

Or maybe look into signature release? Maybe you can leave a signed paper on your door?

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 2:44 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
Usually they are flexible but one time they weren’t.
It was medicine for my IVF cycle and it was time sensitive and they wouldn’t release it.

Better to ask the people sending it to not do “signature required” if possible.

Or maybe look into signature release? Maybe you can leave a signed paper on your door?

I am able to get my pharmacy to deliver meds without a signature but a friend with a different pharmacy is not. Honestly it makes sense to me, I’ve had deliveries of close to $20k of meds I’m surprised my pharmacy will leave without a signature. I’m always nervous if it gets delivered when I’m out.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 3:11 pm
If possible call the company to ask them to change date. Otherwise open the door when they ring the bell, and tell them you cannot sign today for religious reasons since it's your shabbath. Hopefully they'll deliver by signing your name/taking a picture, or reschedule delivery.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 3:53 pm
I've had anti seizure meds being delivered from the hospital pharmacy in Manhattan directly to my house in BP on a friday afternoon. They called me before to explain they must hv my signature, I told them if it's after sunset I won't be able to sign. Pls record me telling you that it's ok to leave it w/o signature and this will be in place of my signature. They agreed. They actually arrived afew minutes before candle lighting BH. But I think in tri-state area any delivery driver would know we can't sign on Shabbes.

synthy

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 4:41 pm
If it’s UPS you can create an account with them and sign in advance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics