Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Teach me how to make chicken on the bone

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 3:16 am
I know it’s basic but…
I get grossed out from chicken. Especially if I have to clean it. I don’t want skin on. What do I look for? How do I know if it needs to be cleaned? Which Lakewood stores have clean chicken skinless on bone?

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 4:08 am
You don’t need to clean chicken or any meat. This is a topic people differ on. But many do not wash their meats and chickens

Evergreen, gourmet Glatt and probably isle 9 all have skinless chicken legs. But the skin is what keeps the chicken juicy. You can buy clean chicken legs with skin on.

Anyways. Put spices on. Some water in the pan. Cover and bake at 300 for 3 hours or 250 for 5 hours

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 4:18 am
This is my goto recipe fir skinned chicken. Easy and delish.
Prepare two dishes, one with oil one with spiced breadcrumbs.
Dip chicken - both sides - in breadcrumbs. Then dip top in oil. And dip top again in breadcrumbs.
Put in single layer in pan. Cover. Bake on 350 for 2-3 hours, depending on your oven.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 4:19 am
Skinless chicken will come out dry when baked in oven. The fat in the skin preserves the moisture and carries lots of flavour.
No, you don't have to eat it.
Chicken breast do well with short frying.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 7:11 am
You can absolutely make skinless chicken juicy and delicious. The trick is to make it saucy and bake it covered.

I like using basic barbecue sauce, or ketchup mixed with onion soup mix. Bake for 2 hours on 350. Add more sauce towards the end (or skip it). The chicken will be soft and falling off the bone delicious.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 8:20 am
you need to buy chicken cut in 1/8s skin off. you may need to go to a butcher to do this....I don't live in USA so not sure

2 easy ways
1. cube potatoes, season with s and p garlic, paprika etc olive oil, roast for 20 min in 9x13 or so just to give them a headstart. the. add to top of tray your chicken pieces and brush with olive oil/herb mixture, cover and roast another HR....uncover last few minute to crisp up
2. use a sheet pan. spread chicken pieces , between them put small potatoes and veg ..whatever you want goes here....brocolli, cabbage wedges , sweet potatoe, whole garlics, onions, zuchinni, whatever goes.....makes no diff. season ....we like rosemary and lemon on with s and p or do bottled sauce if u like that.....
roast about an HR...divine.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 8:34 am
amother Cerise wrote:
You don’t need to clean chicken or any meat. This is a topic people differ on. But many do not wash their meats and chickens

Evergreen, gourmet Glatt and probably isle 9 all have skinless chicken legs. But the skin is what keeps the chicken juicy. You can buy clean chicken legs with skin on.

Anyways. Put spices on. Some water in the pan. Cover and bake at 300 for 3 hours or 250 for 5 hours

Public health departments agree with another cerise. Don’t wash meat as a routine practice.

Hashemlovesme1

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 8:58 am
If you don’t like sauce, or don’t want the extra sugar, it’s not always necessary to use sauce to keep it juicy!
My family doesn’t like skin baked on either.

Put whatever vegetables (or none) on the bottom of pan. Put skinless chicken on bone on top. Spice however you like- we use garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika).
Bake covered on 350 for 2 hours.

peace2

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 8:59 am
I'm not either a huge fan of chicken on the bone but I've found a few tried and true recipes. Honey garlic chicken from Dinner Done is our go to Friday night chicken. Leave the skin on to keep it juicy but no need to eat it! (skin is dh's favorite part so he eats both of ours:))
Generally drumsticks are less gross raw than other types (don't look underneath a chicken thigh...) so start with that. Any recipe that calls for chicken on the bone can be used with any type. Like it if it calls for thighs you can use drumsticks or legs, etc.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 9:10 am
We only use skinless chicken. My mother's recipe that I'm still using is dip into egg on both sides and then Breadcrumbs. Cover and bake on 350 for 1.50 to 2 hours.

My kids love it

amother
Amaryllis

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 9:34 am
Our go to is skinless. Generous Salt ,garlic powder,onion powder,paprika. Drizzle Oilive oil generously and rub onto the chicken packing kind of a paste . Cover bake low and slow. Absolutely delicious

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 9:39 am
I seem to be the outlier here but we are a bake uncovered family on 380/400 for an hour kind of people. But we like the skin crispy. Chicken baked like this doesn't taste so "chickeny."

octopus

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 11:24 am
I know I don't have a hot oven at all. And I like my chicken really well done. I bake on 400 covered. In my parents house I have in 375. On this temperature it takes 1.5-2 hours. The last fifteen minutes I uncover so it can crisp up. Keep in mind if it's fully defrosted chicken with no skin, baking it for hours and hours is way overkill because it cooks faster and starts to dry out. If it's skinned and covered bake on 400 for an hour or hour and a half if you want it really well done.

paperflowers

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 11:29 am
Wearing gloves helps with the ich factor.

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 11:32 am
Also, fresh chicken is so much better than frozen

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 11:34 am
I skin the chicken if I am making a saucy recipe, a slow cooker recipe or plan on shredding the chicken.

If I am just doing spices and roasting then you need the skin or it gets dry.

lucky14

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 8:46 pm
amother Cerise wrote:

How much water?

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 9:02 pm
My husband likes skin removed before baking.

I buy a few family packs of chicken when on sale.

I skin all the chicken and put each piece in a baggie. Then put the baggies in challah size freezer bags. This way I can easily remove how many pieces of chicken I want from freezer, doesn't stick together.

In a disposable pan I pour onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper. I add some oil to make a paste. Then I rub spice paste on both sides of chicken and bake in that pan.

Some prefer to bake covered, softer, juicier

Some prefer to bake uncovered, drier.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics