Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
South Florida Jewish Academy

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 5:55 pm
Can anyone tell me about it?

Where do the students generally live- what neighborhoods etc?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 9:02 pm
Bump. Thanks

amother
Birch

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 9:33 pm
If it's the school I am thinking of, it is located near Boca Raton like a 10 or 15 minutes drive (that would be the closest frum community as the school is not located within a frum area). It is a Chabad school.
I can't tell you anymore than that, except that it would be very, very small. I met the Chabad rabbi who is (or was) in charge of it, very briefly, a couple of years ago. He seemed like a very nice man.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 9:53 pm
Is it a chabad school or a school run by someone Chabad? Meaning do they celebrate the Chabad holidays or is it OK to not be Chabad?

amother
Birch

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 10:01 pm
I really don't know. As I said, I met the rabbi very briefly (and in a different context) and he mentioned this school without much detail. The impression I got was that it was a very tiny school trying to get off the ground, and that's about all.
Probably the best way to find these things out, would be to call the school and ask. I assume they have a website, at the very least, with a school phone number.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:37 pm
Bump. anyone know this school?

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:46 pm
I have kids there.
It is in Coconut Creek. Kids come from everywhere. Boca, Hollywood, Aventura, Hallandale, Fort Lauderdale, Davie, NMB, Coral Springs, etc.
It is run by Lubavitchers but the majority of kids there are not Chabad. In fact not all of the kids are frum. It's a real mix.
Goes from nursery to 12th grade, mixed grade classes. Boys and girls separate I think from 1st grade on. Classes are kept small - usually not over 12 kids per class.
Warm principal, teachers and staff.
What else would you like to know?

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 10:04 pm
It is Chabad run. All types of kids. Used to cater to kids who needed extra attention and help with academics, learning etc. I feel its not so anymore. Classes are mixed - one class can have kingerten, first and second together, for example. Dont quote me on which grades are joint because im just putting that there as an idea for you to understand.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 10:03 am
Someone mentioned it on another thread that it is a small warm school that may be good for kids with learning differences/social issues. I have a kid like that and wanted to learn more. So can anyone tell me more about the school so I know if it is worth looking into?

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 11:56 am
amother OP wrote:
Someone mentioned it on another thread that it is a small warm school that may be good for kids with learning differences/social issues. I have a kid like that and wanted to learn more. So can anyone tell me more about the school so I know if it is worth looking into?

It does work for children with learning differences and social issues. It is a small school and the teachers are accommodating. In terms of Yiddishkeit, you get a little bit of everything. Some of the students are not from very religious homes, but the school provides a religious education. The best way to learn more about it is probably to visit the school and have them give you a tour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics