Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Medical / health related question.
Previous  1  2

Chayalle

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:50 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m new here and wasn’t really sure where to post this topic.. my oldest is almost 12. He is the same height as a 7 year old. My husband and I are both short and I have taken him to a Pediatrician and have had bloodwork done to rule out growth hormone deficiency. He has also had a bone scan done which showed his growth to be 3 years behind .
The dr said that as he does not have hormone deficiency he cannot take any form of growth hormone as it will not actually help him in any way. All it will do is speed up his growth process not change the end result .
My question is if anyone else here has experience in this area. He can get very down feeling so much smaller then his peers and sometimes made fun of etc . Kids can be cruel. I am also conscious of how this will shape as he gets older /shidduchim etc ( I know I know )
I’m looking to find out if anyone has experience where growth hormone treatment has actually helped where there is no deficiency ?! I just feel that I need to give him the best chance I can
Eta ; I’m outside the us so the way things work may be different

We had pretty much the same experience, we did go to a pediatric endocrinologist and got same type of opinion. Didn't do growth hormones, and yes, DD is petite.
What is his projected height? Even though DD was 3 years behind at the age of 10, she did grow as a teen, and ended up being exactly what was projected (still petite, but better than she was).
It's easier for a girl, I know.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:04 pm
Chayalle wrote:
We had pretty much the same experience, we did go to a pediatric endocrinologist and got same type of opinion. Didn't do growth hormones, and yes, DD is petite.
What is his projected height? Even though DD was 3 years behind at the age of 10, she did grow as a teen, and ended up being exactly what was projected (still petite, but better than she was).
It's easier for a girl, I know.

His prediction was approx 5’3 . I agree I would feel very differently if it was a girl
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children