Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Thoughts on the price here?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 8:45 pm
jewjew85 wrote:
Btw I have totally seen different categories for different pricing
Any store has multiple price points
One set can be 58
One can be 78 depends on quality, brand etc
And regarding price- people pay/ why shouldn’t they charge more? If someone wants cheaper go to HM, Zara.

These are stores that carry different brands

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 9:15 pm
I find this thread in bad taste.

Isn't it lashon hara to open a thread bashing a specific brand?

If you don't like their prices don't buy it. And I see a HUGE difference between that green and denim set that someone posted. I can't afford these prices so I buy other brands. There's plenty of other options.

No need to open a thread bashing their pricing when you don't even appreciate the different details on the designs. Just buy something else and move on.

goldcamry

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 9:21 pm
A bit off topic: A few times in the past, I got clothing from this store in bags of hand me downs. I do find their clothing to be of very high quality but I can't afford their prices. If anyone on this thread who says they buy their products has boys weekday shirts (any size above 5) - or little girls (size 4/5 and/or 7/8) shabbos or weekday clothing that they are ready to pass on, I would gladly pick up from anywhere in the extended Lakewood/Toms River/Jackson area. Please PM me. Thanks so much.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:07 am
Op, I have no thoughts on this brand in particular, but in general, I've totally seen different pricing for the same item in different colors and/or patterns.

This happens especially when a store discovers a certain color is unpopular so they mark down just that color. But it seems like it sometimes happens even before things go on sale, and not just with clothing. Basically, a store is going to charge what their clientele will pay for it. Everyone wants the one in black and only a small percent want the busy floral pattern? Surprise. The floral pattern is 20 percent cheaper (and it's not the one I want).

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:13 am
$82 for a baby outfit?

Sounds crazy.

How much better can the outfit be than a $20 or $30 outfit? Law of diminishing returns.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 1:27 pm
Bottom line, if no one would pay these prices, they would go out of business very fast, so there are obviously people who are willing to pay them. I personally dont shop at these stores, but know those who have the money to - and I get their hand me downs for my kids!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 2:00 pm
Every company went up like crazy in the past 2 years. Weekday dresses used to be $40 2 years ago. Now they’re $70!! Why?!?!

Petit Claire clothing is very good quality. Their stuff never pimples or anything. I buy when it’s 50-70% off or at Petit Rack

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 2:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
https://petitclair.com/products/p2m-to7401-slr-ss24-set

It looks like maybe they roll a dice and whatever it lands on that’s the price. They have an almost identical set for 20$ cheaper. Please don’t tell me these are production costs. Someone out there is laughing at women willing to spend these amounts on clothing that’s made in China designed by someone who may have gone to school with them.

Why should whether or not the designer might have gone to school with them affect the price?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics