Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Where is it ok to put baby down

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:37 am
Besides the bassinet?

Would you put a newborn in a bouncy seat and leave the room?
What if they are sleeping?

What about a car seat or swing?

I don't mean for a long time, I mean for 3-5 minutes while you go to the bathroom or heat up some lunch or get dressed.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:41 am
I have baby Bjorn bouncer and I used it from
Birth. The floor (on a blanket) is also safe

Yes I’d leave the room

tichellady

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:42 am
If baby isn’t rolling then yes I would for a few minutes it usually I try to have baby close to me so I can keep an eye so bring the bouncy seat into my room while I change etc

amother
Khaki

This was my best investment yet!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fis.....77512

MommyM

If they are sleeping, they should really only be in a bassinet / crib / pack n play that's completely flat. If they're up, I wouldn't leave them too long without supervision, but if they're buckled in properly, I would go for a few minutes at a time while I take care of things.

ftm1234

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:46 am
Swing. But only with straps

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:48 am
The floor!! It's free and developmentally the best for your baby.

amother
White

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:49 am
Swing or bouncy seat strapped in but on for a short time. I also leave in stroller and on a blanket on the floor.

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:02 pm
I leave my baby in a different room if it’s not dangerous and he won’t fall onto the floor etc… I check every few minutes but if my non rolling young baby is happy hanging out in the middle of my bed, I definitely leave them there and do other things. For sure a bouncer, floor or similar. Why not?

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:06 pm
MommyM wrote:
If they are sleeping, they should really only be in a bassinet / crib / pack n play that's completely flat. If they're up, I wouldn't leave them too long without supervision, but if they're buckled in properly, I would go for a few minutes at a time while I take care of things.

I had at least 2 newborns who NEVER slept more than 10 minutes on a firm flat surface.
In a car seat or bouncer, they would sleep for maybe 2 hours.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:23 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
I leave my baby in a different room if it’s not dangerous and he won’t fall onto the floor etc… I check every few minutes but if my non rolling young baby is happy hanging out in the middle of my bed, I definitely leave them there and do other things. For sure a bouncer, floor or similar. Why not?

Hospital social worker here. I see tons of non rolling young babies who were left in the middle of the bed and learned to roll. Usually causes skull fractures and subdural bleeding.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:24 pm
Any contraption with straps. Not a car seat that is unsafe unless it’s in the car. If the baby is not crawling on a play mat on the floor is fine too. If I’m home alone I put them in something right outside the bathroom and leave the door open so I can see them. But you don’t have to do that it just makes me feel more comfortable.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:26 pm
amother Steel wrote:
I had at least 2 newborns who NEVER slept more than 10 minutes on a firm flat surface.
In a car seat or bouncer, they would sleep for maybe 2 hours.

A car seat is dangerous. Many babies have died from asphyxiation. Please don’t use it for sleeping or out of the car.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:06 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
The floor!! It's free and developmentally the best for your baby.

This!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics