Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Live in help===== is it worth the aggravation

hindyandrafi

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 6:56 pm
I recently took in a Jewish russian lady (illegal here) to help me for 4 hours a dya in exchange for room and board...I though it was a gift from shamayim, but it isnt working out attall... She has some weird ways...
1.) She complained about the food we have (or don't have) and asked me to buy FRESH meat as she doesnt like to eat food from the freezxer ... as it apparently freezes out the nutrients!2.) at 9:45 last week she knocked on our bedroom dorr... at first I thought it was our son.. She kept knocking so I got dressed and opened my door.. to this...
:"Hindy,.. do you have dinner for me??" She had been out for the evening and I asssumed she was eating out.. Anyway I explained this and told her that there was alot of food in the panty, fridge, and freerzer.. to whuch she sadi" Hindy, would you eat that for dinner??? CHUTZPAH!!!! Anyway to cut a long story short my DH has given her a week's notice to ,leave.. and I feel very bad.. even though she helped none and was like another child... actually she is 48, but I feel terrible... any ideas???

queen

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 7:08 pm
oyyyy. sounds as if you got someone who is missing some fundemental screws. She might be a lovely woman, but not all with it.
if you COULD find someone you'll be happy with, that would be a great arrangement. BUT- learn from your experience and set up some ground rules. (for ex. if the woman is not home dinner time, you are not responsible for her dinner... but she should find something herself.)

raizy

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 10:27 pm
write everything down on pen and papier. and tell them they have one month trail period in which u can cancel her at any time...

tzivi

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 10:31 pm
fire her!

imaamy

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 11:53 pm
Hindy--be careful if you can get in trouble for helping someone who is not legal shock

hindyandrafi

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 11:06 am
I know.. I need to get rid.. but I feel bad!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics