Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Poll: When do you make lunches
Previous  1  2

When do you make lunches?
At night - are you kidding, how would I ever make them last minute? I put so much effort into each lunch and plus it would be too stressful to save for last minute.  
 33%  [ 59 ]
In the morning - I am not organized enough to do in advance.  
 30%  [ 53 ]
In the morning - I am super quick so why not.  
 27%  [ 48 ]
In the morning - I am up really early so why not.  
 7%  [ 13 ]
at night-quickly  
 0%  [ 1 ]
other  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 174

miriamg

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 1:41 am
Morning because no one will eat sandwiches that are not fresh / cold pizza / cold pasta and cheese.

Ladies who make lunch at night, do your kids eat your lunches without complaining? What do you make and what is your trick?

essie14

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 3:23 am
miriamg wrote:
Morning because no one will eat sandwiches that are not fresh / cold pizza / cold pasta and cheese.

Ladies who make lunch at night, do your kids eat your lunches without complaining? What do you make and what is your trick?

Over here it's only aruchat eser, which means a sandwich and cut up fruit and maybe some small cookies or a string cheese.

My DD likes cream cheese, PB&J, or hummus, on pita.
Occasionally an omelet in pita which then I will make in the morning , but by and large its a spread on pita.
It's just as fresh when she eats it.
How can your kids tell if you spread the PB at 9 pm or 6 am?

She gets a hot lunch in school.

AlwaysThinking

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 4:45 am
Usually in the morning because it doesn't take long, everything is fresher, and I don't always have room in the fridge for bH five lunch boxes. Occasionally if I have an appointment or something else on in the morning that means I have to be ready, I'll do them the night before. It's nice to have done them in advance, but not practical for me to do every day.

emzod42

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 4:59 am
At night because I can't count on having time in the morning. I also like to do it when they're not there so they can't complain about what I packed (just like the other person said, they'll eat it if they don't see it first).

Side note: I don't really understand the people who make fresh warm things that morning. Do you keep them warm till lunch? I could see that for soup in a thermos but how does a pita pizza or omelette travel? Why does it matter when you pack it otherwise? My kids' lunches are cold things, meant to be cold. I don't pack anything they don't like cold.

kalsee

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 5:09 am
At night because I have to leave really early and I don't want to get up earlier than I do

Israel so most of them get a sandwich (different preferences for each one, at night I have time to make sure I have the right ingredients or run out to get something or put up another batch of rolls if we're running out)

One gets a full lunch - very not picky and is mostly happy with supper leftovers, so I have that in mind in advance

yachnabobba

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 7:52 am
Whenever possible I do it the night before because I generally send supper leftovers

miriamg

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:28 pm
emzod42 wrote:
At night because I can't count on having time in the morning. I also like to do it when they're not there so they can't complain about what I packed (just like the other person said, they'll eat it if they don't see it first).

Side note: I don't really understand the people who make fresh warm things that morning. Do you keep them warm till lunch? I could see that for soup in a thermos but how does a pita pizza or omelette travel? Why does it matter when you pack it otherwise? My kids' lunches are cold things, meant to be cold. I don't pack anything they don't like cold.

In Israel the kids eat their sandwiches/pitas sometime between 9 and 10, so it stays warm until then. My kids then get hot lunches at 1:30 except for my middle school aged daughter who usually doesn't eat lunch until she comes home after 3.

gdgirl

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:45 pm
when my kids were willing to eat standard sandwiches like cream cheese or jelly- I made the sandwiches all at the beginning of the week and stored them in the freezer. it was great not to deal with it each night. take out of the freezer when packing lunch in the morning and it defrosted by lunch.. like fresh bread:)

Busybee5

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 3:16 pm
There's no option for the day before. I try not to leave it until after supper, I'm too tired!
I do it in the afternoon for the next day, or whenever I can the day before.

TravelHearter

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:56 am
I do snacks the night before, lunch the morning of but components are prepped so it takes two min. I lay out the snacks per kid on the counter before I go to sleep, and make sure I have what I need for lunch ready. Meaning I cook pasta, or defrost the bread, put the forks out, etc. They eat breakfast on the go/in the car, so we really only have a few minutes downstairs after they are ready.

kiwi strawberry

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:07 am
LisaS wrote:
One son likes toasted pita with zaatar and sesame (easy, just gotta watch it doesn't burn) which I start making about half hour before he leaves.

Other son wanted pita-pizza in the sandwich maker every day but now he is tired of that.

Sometimes I give them a whole peeled kiwi in a baggie. Sometimes omlette or tuna. But generally we are short on sandwich ideas.

How do your kids eat pita/pizza/sandwich maker things cold? I wish!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics