Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby burping a lot and uncomfortable

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:16 am
Baby is 5 weeks bh and is finally gaining weight after the first two weeks losing. She is about a pound more than her birth weight now.

Got tongue tie clipped last week and she has an easier time nursing. Latch is good BH. Milk is coming and definitely enough.

However she still burps all day and is so uncomfortable until it comes out. She spits up sometimes but I don't think it's excessive. It's more that she cries till the burp comes out.

I had seen an LC regarding the tongue tie, when I mentioned reflux she didn't say much only gave me suggestions on how to nurse her in different positions to help. I'm trying those at time, but no difference yet.

She has a ped appointment in a week or so and I'll discuss it with him then.

Till then- what can I do to help her? Should I eliminate foods from my diet? I'm picky as it is, so I hate dieting and taking more out...

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:42 am
My lc mentioned that reflux and spit up can get worse for a bit after they're release because they're actually transferring more milk. So that might be it.

Personally, I find staying off gluten and dairy and taking a probiotic and digestive enzymes with every meal helps a lot.

Lastly, I've seen a marked difference in wet burps and spit up since starting to give my baby this probiotic https://www.pureformulas.com/p.....D_BwE

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:45 am
Are you burping her between sides, every time?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 11:21 am
amother Daphne wrote:
My lc mentioned that reflux and spit up can get worse for a bit after they're release because they're actually transferring more milk. So that might be it.

Personally, I find staying off gluten and dairy and taking a probiotic and digestive enzymes with every meal helps a lot.

Lastly, I've seen a marked difference in wet burps and spit up since starting to give my baby this probiotic https://www.pureformulas.com/p.....D_BwE

Thank you for the ideas!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 11:22 am
amother Banana wrote:
Are you burping her between sides, every time?

Yes and during each side too if she comes off crying...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 11:23 am
Staying off gluten is too hard for me, but I'll try dairy for a week and see if that helps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics