Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
PT through United health care community plan

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:40 pm
Early intervention had very limited physical therapists. I am considering getting PT for my baby through insurance. Can anyone guide me how to do that with United health care community plan (Jersey care)
I know I need a script from my doctor. What and where after that?
Thanks!!

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:18 pm
Try going thru the specialized children's hospital in toms river. I did that and it was great!

amother
Candycane

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:23 pm
how old is your baby? I may have a private lead for you where you cam get reimbursed they ei

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:25 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
Try going thru the specialized children's hospital in toms river. I did that and it was great!

Thank you. Can you walk me through the process?

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:26 pm
U need a prescription from your pediatrician. U call them up to set up an evaluation and they'll walk you through the rest of the process. Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:26 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
how old is your baby? I may have a private lead for you where you cam get reimbursed they ei

Did not yet do the evaluation. Have it scheduled. Want to explore getting through insurance in addition once I hear that is a wait time for PT

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:29 pm
Delete

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:32 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
U need a prescription from your pediatrician. U call them up to set up an evaluation and they'll walk you through the rest of the process. Good luck!

Thank you.

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:33 pm
Children’s specialized has a waitlist but depending on the situation they will sometimes let you push ahead. It’s very straightforward. Just get a referral from pediatrician and call to schedule an evaluation.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:35 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Children’s specialized has a waitlist but depending on the situation they will sometimes let you push ahead. It’s very straightforward. Just get a referral from pediatrician and call to schedule an evaluation.

How long is the wait-list?

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
How long is the wait-list?
I want to say I’ve waited 4-6 months depending on when I got on, but when I was there for therapy some people told me they got to cut the line. Call them and ask.

cbsp

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:58 pm
Children's specialized has wait lists for Evaluations and then wait lists for therapy slots.

When I call for an evaluation I say I'll take the next available eval at pretty much any of their facilities, but want to do the therapy at the location closest to our house (we live in Passaic). So yes, we've done evaluations at the Toms River location, Union, Newark, New Brunswick, Mountainside (back in the day), Bayonne, etc. That flexibility has gotten my kids the help they needed so much faster... And sometimes we even end up with an eval at the Clifton location...

B'hatzlacha!

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 11:58 pm
I went to childrens specialized for my baby with torticolis and had almost no wait. A few weeks from when I called for an eval which seemed reasonable to me, and then was able to start therapy right away.
I was very happy with the PT we had

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 6:30 am
Is there any difference between the different locations? Is one better then the other? Is there a general number to call for an evaluation or I call the specific office I want to go to?

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:35 am
amother Rose wrote:
I went to childrens specialized for my baby with torticolis and had almost no wait. A few weeks from when I called for an eval which seemed reasonable to me, and then was able to start therapy right away.
I was very happy with the PT we had

I think some ages/needs diagnosis get bumped up on the list but not sure exactly how it works
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries