Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Encopresis- new ideas??
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 6:08 pm
There is often a psychological component. Especially if the medication protocol hasn’t had lasting effects. Play therapy can really help with this sometimes.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:27 pm
amother Clear wrote:
I have a son who had encopresis. It was truly awful. We did home cleanouts and a hospital cleanout. We tried eliminating foods,... Basically, we tried it all. The only thing that worked was a device called a Peristeen. I believe that it originated in England. It is like an enema but it goes further upstream so it works much better. After using it for several months (maybe 8-9 months, not sure), he was able to control his bowel movements and we haven't had an issue since then. I thank Hashem that He sent us a refuah!

Thanks. We actually were sent something called Navina which I think is the US version of it, haven’t opened it but I prob should. He hates enemas though.

The doc actually wanted to do a c tube or something like that, a tube that you can attach to irrigation to irrigate the colon daily. This is how bad it got.

Gonna look into the Navina

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:27 pm
amother Lily wrote:
There is often a psychological component. Especially if the medication protocol hasn’t had lasting effects. Play therapy can really help with this sometimes.

Ya thanks I gotta look into that again
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics