Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you return shopping carts?
Previous  1  2  3

Do you return shopping carts?
Yes- always  
 76%  [ 226 ]
It depends- explain in comments  
 22%  [ 66 ]
No- never  
 1%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 296

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 1:29 am
Iymnok wrote:
Here in Israel you have to put a 5 shekel coin in the cart to unlock it. To get your money back, you have to put it away.
Tothise with kids, why can't you buckle them into their carseats then return the cart? Or with an older toddler, put the cart away and walk back holding his hand.
The vast majority of responses are "always, except...".
That's really not respectful. There are ways to juggle groceries and kids, don't be lazy. Loose carts can be dangerous. If there are inadequate return locations, complain multiple times to the management.

As another poster said, here in crazy America, we can't let our kids out of our sight in public places.

And the problem with toddlers isn't after returning the cart, it's how do I keep them safe while unloading my 18 bags into the car. They're not just calmly standing next to me for the 5 minutes they takes. So I tell them to go get into the car and see if they can buckle themselves (spoiler, they can't, but it's a good low pressure time to practice). I then get my 5 minutes to unload in peace, but I'm not then taking them back out of the car to put the cart away, and as I said before, I can't leave them there alone if I didn't manage to find a spot near the cart return. So I find the nearest curb or spot already filled with carts.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 2:01 am
After taking a quick tally of the posters on this thread, and the numerous number of shopping carts blocking spaces at several of the local grocery stores, I’ve come to the conclusion that either most Imamothers don’t shop at grocery stores, most shoppers don’t post in Imamother, or both.

Maybe it’s kind of like peeing in the pool, where most people claim they don’t, but analysis of public pool water shows that many if not most people actually do.🤷‍♀️

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 5:24 am
amother Poppy wrote:
All you with babies I don't understand.. I keep my baby in the cart as I unload and as I wheel back to the cart place.. no need to to leave them in the car..
I also always try to park closest to the cart parking place

It's really rude imo to leave the cart and if there is a worker it's especially rude.. you are making his job way harder by not being a mentch

When it’s freezing or roasting hot or raining or snowing or if my baby is sleeping or…..who knows what else.
Not all parking lots have a cart drop- local grocery stores, dollar store, stores that are in a shopping plaza….or if I have my baby sleeping in the stroller and I was shopping with the stroller and a cart.
If for whatever reason I don’t put my cart back, I make sure it’s not blocking another car or parking spot.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 5:27 am
Iymnok wrote:
Here in Israel you have to put a 5 shekel coin in the cart to unlock it. To get your money back, you have to put it away.
Tothise with kids, why can't you buckle them into their carseats then return the cart? Or with an older toddler, put the cart away and walk back holding his hand.
The vast majority of responses are "always, except...".
That's really not respectful. There are ways to juggle groceries and kids, don't be lazy. Loose carts can be dangerous. If there are inadequate return locations, complain multiple times to the management.

How can you leave your kids in the car if the store is not right in front of your car?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 5:33 am
In my area most parking lots have cart returns spread throughout the parking lot. So I can see the car at all times. The few times I’d have to walk away from the car and my kids, I put it in a way that it’s not blocking cars but I don’t walk that far.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 6:43 am
If I have to walk around parked trucks and don't have a good view of oncoming cars, no.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 8:02 am
The best is valet parking lots. You take your cart there they bring the car, you empty it into your trunk and get into your car and go.

ftm1234

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 8:14 am
I voted it depends, only because “always” is not 100% true.

99% of the time I do return shopping carts.

Sometimes if I’m really tired or in a rush I won’t return it, but only if it’s in a spot where it won’t bother anyone.

I know, should really work on that 🫣
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette