Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
USA- Beautiful vacation on a budget to somewhere warm

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 4:58 pm
I’m dreaming about a getaway.
There’s so much going on here and I’m under a lot of stress.
One big project I’m working on will be over in March. I would love to run away to somewhere hot and beautiful.
I would rather spend less than more Smile not looking for luxury
I don’t think I would travel internationally so somewhere in the US. Unless Mexico is really easy and safe and cheap?
I don’t think I feel comfortable leaving my kids for more than three days.
I’ve been to Florida already. It’s amazing but the adventurist in me would like to see somewhere new.
Any ideas? Help me dream!
Is this possible for about $1000?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:21 pm
What sort of activities do you like to do? What other criteria do you have? Also, what is warm to you?

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:25 pm
Puerto Rico

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:26 pm
Puerto Rico is beautiful and you can get really inexpensive vacation packages.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:29 pm
Dominican republic can be around 1000

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:32 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
Puerto Rico is beautiful and you can get really inexpensive vacation packages.

What are the puerto Rico vacation packages?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 9:16 pm
I actually have been to Puerto Rico. So similar but different?
I want to feel sun on my skin in summer clothes. I want to be able to hang out at the beach or pool half the day and explore the other half. Maybe do cool activities like rock climbing, jet skiing, hiking, scuba diving….
I wouldn’t mind if there was a good kosher restaurant there but for example, my experience in Miami is you end up spending so much money on restaurants all day and it adds to the price…

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:01 pm
Where in Puerto Rico did you stay?

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:11 pm
Las Vegas
It's a hidden gem
If you remove the Strip from the equation, it's a beautiful city surrounded by stunning mountains. A bunch of kosher restaurants. Right now it's in the 50s and 60s, but by late March should be much warmer than that

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 2:10 am
Im dreaming about this:

https://arizonakosherresorts.com/

Tons of activities and they now have kosher food available too.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 2:15 am
How about Arizona? I don’t know anything about that place, just that’s warm and beautiful….

amother
Holly

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 4:07 am
amother OP wrote:
Maybe do cool activities like rock climbing, jet skiing, hiking, scuba diving….

Realistically, once you start adding the cost of those sorts of activities to the cost of airfare, hotels, transportation etc, you are looking at a cost that is likely to be well above $1,000. Even without going to restaurants.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 5:06 am
amother OP wrote:
I want to feel sun on my skin in summer clothes. I want to be able to hang out at the beach or pool half the day and explore the other half. Maybe do cool activities like rock climbing, jet skiing, hiking, scuba diving….
I wouldn’t mind if there was a good kosher restaurant there but for example, my experience in Miami is you end up spending so much money on restaurants all day and it adds to the price…

On 1k that doesn't sound possible.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 5:15 am
amother OP wrote:

I personally don’t find desert landscape beautiful (BH been to both Arizona and Vegas and enjoyed both but not for its beauty)

Key West might be an option for you. They have tons of water sports, and it’s remote enough to feel as if you’re about to fall off the earth (in a good way) but it’s still US

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 5:20 am
1k?
First find a cheap flight. Then book an Airbnb maybe with a jacuzzi or hot tub and find 1-2 local activities to do. Go to a local supermarket for food.

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 6:02 am
Not sure about pricing, but I heard Panama is gorgeous!

I LOVED Arizona!! Dreaming of going back!

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 6:09 am
U.S. Virgin Islands. It is just so beautiful. You can go beach hopping; each beach is prettier than the next. Many of them are peaceful and quiet u can grill yourself supper there.

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 8:37 am
Looking as well.. does anyone have a good itinerary they can share for like Puerto Rico or Arizona or somewhere on a similar budget?

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 9:01 am
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I personally don’t find desert landscape beautiful (BH been to both Arizona and Vegas and enjoyed both but not for its beauty)

Key West might be an option for you. They have tons of water sports, and it’s remote enough to feel as if you’re about to fall off the earth (in a good way) but it’s still US

I’ll second Key West. Was there last year and waiting to go back! Honestly, the best part was that it felt remote but it wasn’t far.

Weather is beautiful, there is one kosher place, and there is tons to do!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics