Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What do your kids eat shabbos meals?
Previous  1  2

Rabbit613

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 4:35 am
Friday night my kids only eat chicken soup and matza balls.
For lunch 1 kid will eat cabbage or broccoli salad and the others eat kugel. Sometimes I can convince them to take a bite of shnitzel.
I try really hard to have at least one thing that each will eat.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 8:18 am
Friday night, they eat challah, my very clear soup (strained through a towel so no specks) and kneidlach. Maybe some roasted potatoes. And dessert of course

Shabbos day they eat challah, a little deli, some sliced cucumbers or cherry tomatoes, and a few bites of cholent. And dessert of course.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 8:31 am
Friday night: challah, breaded chicken, rice (They don't like potatoes or kugel, so I don't bother putting in the effort to prepare them if they like rice better. It's easier too.)
Shabbos day: challah, some of them will eat salmon, raw veggies - cucumber, tomatoes, baby carrots. They'll usually also eat a salad. I make two a week and switch them every week. If I serve deli meat, most will eat. I don't bother making cholent most weeks, as I'm the only one here who eats it.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 8:41 am
I make the foods that I know they'll eat. They don't all have to like the same thing, on shabbos there's so much food and so many courses that everyone ends up with enough.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 8:41 am
Depends on the kid.
Child 1: matza, fish, soup. He loves soup and can eat a couple bowls. I switch it up on the type. He likes hearty bean or barley soup better than chicken. With chicken soup the rule is they must have a veggy in it. He loves cholent and can eat that before the meal and by the meal, for breakfast etc.
Day meal. He eats cholent and cholent eggs and overnight kugel.

Child 2: challah, cut up cucumber, pepper, sprouts, soup, once in a while chicken or main. During the day likes cholent, cholent eggs, overnight kugel

Child 3: challah, chummus, fish, cut up veggies, doesn't love soup but will have a bowl sometimes, sometimes shnitzel or a main.
During the day, challah, chummus, eggs from cholent, overnight kugel, sometimes turkey

Child 4: (3 yr old) challah, soup, cut up veggies
Day: cholent, kugel

zigi

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 12:15 pm
Tuna and hot dogs
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children