Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Furniture Mavins: Which of these brands is the best quality

Furniture Mavins: Which of these brands is best quality for a sofa for under $2500 or Dining Chair under $400?
Meridian  
 20%  [ 2 ]
Tov  
 20%  [ 2 ]
Manhattan Comfort  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Modway  
 30%  [ 3 ]
Other. Please name a brand thats better than above for those prices.  
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 6:17 pm
Furniture Mavins: Which of these brands is the best quality for a sofa for under $2500 or Dining Chair under $400?

Many of these brands are sold in frum stores, and Home Depot, and Amazon.

The frum stores may not tell you the brand, but they assemble and charge more.

Meridian
Tov
Manhattan Comfort
Modway
Other

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 6:59 pm
I have meridian chairs for my dining room and love it! I got in on Amazon comes in a few colors….

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 7:35 pm
amother Stone wrote:
I have meridian chairs for my dining room and love it! I got in on Amazon comes in a few colors….

Thanks.

Do they come assembled, or you needed to assemble?

May I ask where you bought your DR table?

Id like to see which chairs you have and like, if youre willing to show.

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 9:10 am
I bought this couch from Tov on Amazon almost 5 years ago- it's still in excellent condition.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

I see it's now on sale for the same price I got it for (I think it usually sells for 1200 or more)

I get so many compliments on it- even this past shabbos my mother was staying by me and she commented on how it still looks new.

It's not my only couch - it's for my living room- and I have a leather couch in my family room that gets more use. But we definitely use it plenty and it's holding up beautifully.

Because it has only one cushion, the fabric does ripply in the middle sometimes but I just smooth it out and the ripples go away- looks totally smooth. I keep couch pillows on it too- the 2 ends are quite deep without pillows- but overall I'm really happy with this purchase.

It's also a really practical fabric - easy to keep clean.

mom of 8

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 9:22 am
Following. I'm also looking for new chairs and couches. Aside from brands..which Brooklyn stores have good prices and quality furniture. Same price range as op

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:02 am
mom of 8 wrote:
Following. I'm also looking for new chairs and couches. Aside from brands..which Brooklyn stores have good prices and quality furniture. Same price range as op

If Im wrong please tell me, but I think any sofa you see on Amazon or Home Depot will be hundreds more in a frum store (Amazon and Home Depot buy much larger quantities and prob get way better prices). Possibly the Brooklyn stores are assembling and the ones you get from Amazon and Home Depot, you need to pay someone to assemble?

Do any sofas from Amazon and Home Depot, come assembled or with the option of paying extra for assembly?

Any advantage to buying from a frum store (besides giving parnasa to frum people) when buying these brands? Whose customer service is better? I think maybe Amazon and Home Depot customer service.

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:13 am
amother OP wrote:
If Im wrong please tell me, but I think any sofa you see on Amazon or Home Depot will be hundreds more in a frum store (Amazon and Home Depot buy much larger quantities and prob get way better prices). Possibly the Brooklyn stores are assembling and the ones you get from Amazon and Home Depot, you need to pay someone to assemble?

Do any sofas from Amazon and Home Depot, come assembled or with the option of paying extra for assembly?

Any advantage to buying from a frum store (besides giving parnasa to frum people) when buying these brands? Whose customer service is better? I think maybe Amazon and Home Depot customer service.

The one I bought on Amazon came fully assembled- except for the legs which I had to screw on. Probably took under 5 minutes.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:26 am
amother Grape wrote:
The one I bought on Amazon came fully assembled- except for the legs which I had to screw on. Probably took under 5 minutes.

WOW!!!!!

Thanks!

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:54 am
amother OP wrote:

If it’s the same brand and item, a lot of stores will price match if it’s the same on another big name store, like Amazon and Home Depot.

Home Depot and Amazon do not have long return policies, and you’d have to look up specifics regarding furniture returns. I’m pretty sure you can return furniture to Home Depot (though you’d have to get it to a store), Amazon is probably not free returns on most items since you have to ship it back.

As far as assembly, you can go on to taskrabbit or similar to find someone in your area who will build it for you, if you don’t want to yourself. Prices vary and depends on how long it will take, but usually pretty reasonable

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 11:02 am
amother Cognac wrote:
Home Depot and Amazon do not have long return policies, and you’d have to look up specifics regarding furniture returns. I’m pretty sure you can return furniture to Home Depot (though you’d have to get it to a store), Amazon is probably not free returns on most items since you have to ship it back.

Im not looking to return, but if theres a big issue its nice to know theres an option.

The question is who is generally more helpful when you have issues? The frum stores or Amazon/Home Depot?

mom of 8

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 4:47 pm
I had a rip in my couch 2vyrs after I bought it. ( leather) Taurus sent someone to fix it for free. I like buying from a place that I can sit on it to test it out. I need a 2 seater and a 3-4 seater. And 10 chairs. I will probably go back there unless there are sales somewhere else before pesach

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 7:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks.

Do they come assembled, or you needed to assemble?

May I ask where you bought your DR table?

Id like to see which chairs you have and like, if youre willing to show.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087.....ss_tl
These are the chairs I have. Love them just screw the base to the legs. I got a meridian table in a local furniture store.

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 7:51 pm
I'm Nogeia BDavar because my husband works for Tov, but our dining room chairs are really nice and are holding up well.

newmother

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 8:02 pm
amother Stone wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087.....ss_tl
These are the chairs I have. Love them just screw the base to the legs. I got a meridian table in a local furniture store.

How do you keep the velvet clean?

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 12:49 pm
I spayed it with scotch guard

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 8:00 pm
I see Modway got 3 votes for being best of those furniture brands, and Meridian got 2.

In a furniture store they told me that decorators use Meridian, and Modway is much cheaper/less quality brand.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics