Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Kosher phone with WhatsApp?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:01 pm
I’m ready to take the plunge and get rid of my smart phone for basically everything except WhatsApp and Waze. I know they make kosher phones with Waze but has anyone seen anything with WhatsApp?

I’m not going to part with WhatsApp as that is my only form of communication with many friends and family but I also would prefer not to just over filter a regular smart phone as I’m afraid I’ll constantly be tempted take off the filter and use the phone like I have been

Cressel

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m ready to take the plunge and get rid of my smart phone for basically everything except WhatsApp and Waze. I know they make kosher phones with Waze but has anyone seen anything with WhatsApp?

I’m not going to part with WhatsApp as that is my only form of communication with many friends and family but I also would prefer not to just over filter a regular smart phone as I’m afraid I’ll constantly be tempted take off the filter and use the phone like I have been

Yes! There are kosher smartphones with no browser that have Whatsapp

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:08 pm
do you mean a smartphone or a fliphone?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:11 pm
hi, you can ask TAG to allow and disallow whatever you want. I could be wrong, but maybe can even take your current phone and block everything except waze and whatsapp. check their website or call.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:16 pm
I know that on the cat s22 flip phone is technically a smart phone and you can give it in to tag and they will close the browser and all apps besides for the ones you ask them to keep.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:16 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
hi, you can ask TAG to allow and disallow whatever you want. I could be wrong, but maybe can even take your current phone and block everything except waze and whatsapp. check their website or call.

The thing is, I don’t want to use my current phone. It’s too much of a yetzer hara to see the same thing. I’d prefer a flip phone or something else more basic with a kosher look to it if that makes sense

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:24 pm
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cat.....40199

This phone.
There’s a touch keyboard that comes onto screen for texting…

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:44 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cat-S22-Rugged-Flip-Phone-16GB-2GB-RAM-IP68-4G-LTE-T-Mobile-Unlocked/1843640199

This phone.
There’s a touch keyboard that comes onto screen for texting…

This looks perfect! Do you by any chance know if I have to have T-Mobile for it? I currently have Verizon but I’ll switch if that’s the only option

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:51 pm
https://I.imgur.com/CyuIZTK.png

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
This looks perfect! Do you by any chance know if I have to have T-Mobile for it? I currently have Verizon but I’ll switch if that’s the only option

If you buy an unlocked one then you don’t need T-Mobile.
My child has an unlocked one with a different cheap plan.

Jalapeño

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 12:14 pm
I want to bump this: really really want a non-smartphone, but I need whatsapp (I have a lot of international family and it's the only way to communicate with them)
BUT I have verizon and can't change it (employer plan), so the Cat doesn't work.

Anyone ave any suggestions? Ideally with a touchscreen or really good voice-to-text

amother
Cornsilk

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 3:13 pm
https://koshercell.org/collect.....35708

amother
Strawberry

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 3:26 pm
I love my qin f21. I have it in israel so idk which carriers in the US work with it. Personally I have whatsapp on my computer only now, but I know people have whatsapp on it and it works fine.

amother
RosePink

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 9:30 pm
I think kosher phone w WhatsApp is an oxymoron. Meaning it’s a kosher phone, so it doesn’t have whatsapp.
That being said I’m with you and it’s very annoying.
I got the qin its great. Has email and waze, no WhatsApp. It’s tough because I used WhatsApp on my computer, but u need a smartphone to refresh the computer WhatsApp every so often or it stops working.
So I dug out an old iPhone in our apt and connected it to our wifi and have WhatsApp on it. But it’s back to the same yetzer hara and distractions of having a smart phone Sad
So I don’t know what the best answer is.
I did finally take the iPhone to tag cuz I said if I’m using it for WhatsApp, browser and Amazon app at home on wifi (qin doesn’t have those 3 things) I want it filtered.
So I did that. But it’s not a perfect setup.

amother
NeonPink

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:11 pm
https://thekosheros.com/collec.....hones
no browser, smart phones, whatsapp is an option but no channels

amother
Buttercup

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:50 pm
You can download apps on the car phone and then have tag filter it for you

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 1:54 am
amother Buttercup wrote:
You can download apps on the car phone and then have tag filter it for you

If you meant the cat phone, tag is not filtering it anymore.
I think only meshimer is doing it and only with a filter that has a monthly fee.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics