Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Current Shabbos shaitel styles?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 9:41 pm
BeH I'll be making a bar mitzvah soon and I'd love to get a new shaitel. The problem is that I haven't bought one in a looong time and haven't really paid attention to what the current styles are. Is stick straight still the style or is that changing? Obviously part of it is personal preference but I want to get an idea of how people are wearing them now. If you could post links that would be even better.
For reference, I'm looking for something that's dark brown, a couple of inches below my shoulder and not lace top. Thanks

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 9:45 pm
I think wavy is more in than stick straight. People are wearing middle parts. I don’t like a middle part on me, so I’d wear a side part.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:20 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
I think wavy is more in than stick straight. People are wearing middle parts. I don’t like a middle part on me, so I’d wear a side part.

Thanks. I also look better in middle parts. How wavy are people doing? Loose waves all over? Tighter ones? Or waves just in the front?

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:25 pm
Off center part

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:28 pm
Off center. Midi. Flat on top with lots of volume at the end. Looks like bangs are in but only looks with virgin hair (my opinion)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:35 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
Off center. Midi. Flat on top with lots of volume at the end. Looks like bangs are in but only looks with virgin hair (my opinion)

Thanks. What do you mean by lots of volume at the end?

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 12:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. What do you mean by lots of volume at the end?

Wavy, crimped. Fluffy... Basically the stick straight look is out

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 12:45 pm
Following as well.
Can someone post a picture of what that means- volume at the end..?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 1:01 pm
Wear a timeless style that looks good on YOU. Buy a wig that you cut in a way that you can wear- full and straight (not stick- straight as that never really looked great on too many ppl) an off center part (lotsa ppl do not look good with a center part) that can be worn either straighter, with angled sides going in- or with a slight wave just on the top layer.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 8:54 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
Wear a timeless style that looks good on YOU. Buy a wig that you cut in a way that you can wear- full and straight (not stick- straight as that never really looked great on too many ppl) an off center part (lotsa ppl do not look good with a center part) that can be worn either straighter, with angled sides going in- or with a slight wave just on the top layer.

Obviously I'm going to choose something that looks good on me. But I'd like something that looks good while still being relatively in style. Wink I'm the type who catches on to a new style as it's heading out. Can't Believe It Can you show me pictures of what you mean by angled sides or slight wave going in?
I've tried to check out instagram for some shaitel companies but I'm mainly seeing pics of super long wigs so it's hard to imagine the styles on the length I want.

nicole81

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 9:11 am
Not saying this wig, but this is the length you're looking for. https://milanowigs.com/product.....D_BwE

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 9:13 am
I do not have the access to post pics- but it means:
Straightish: with angles toward the face (very face-framing and timelessly classy) and sides sweot out.
Top layer waved: just that. Rest of wig is flat-ironed and top layer of the hair, all around has a slight wave.

flapsmom

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 10:10 am
Most shaitelmachers should be able to guide you in terms of trends and hopefully recommend if it'll work for your face.

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 10:16 am
nicole81 wrote:
Not saying this wig, but this is the length you're looking for. https://milanowigs.com/product.....D_BwE

Thanks for posting that. There’s a word there I don’t know. What’s balayage? Is it referring to color, texture or style?

nicole81

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 10:38 am
amother Yolk wrote:
Thanks for posting that. There’s a word there I don’t know. What’s balayage? Is it referring to color, texture or style?

Bayalage is color. Similar to highlights but they paint them on so it's less patterned looking and more natural.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels