Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Switching from jeggings to...? For a super skinny boy
Previous  1  2

mom24.7

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 8:56 am
amother OP wrote:
It's crazy. I actually ordered this exact item (when I click on this link it shows "You have purchased this item... view order") and it arrived last night. First of all, I got the wrong size, size 3T but in any case, it's a regular chino pants, not a softer ponte feel. I'm so upset now.

These pants are not chino.maybe you got the wrong item. It's thick legging feel lays nicely. Compares to Jewish brands.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 8:58 am
mom24.7 wrote:
These pants are not chino.maybe you got the wrong item. It's thick legging feel lays nicely. Compares to Jewish brands.

I definitely got the wrong item. Thanks for making me aware. Because you posted the link, it made me realize that I did not get what I ordered.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 9:00 am
mom24.7 wrote:
You said your child is wearing a 3t in cat and jack so why don't you just size up?

Children's place totally dif look. More knit vs Jean fabric. Personally more comfortable.

I could size up but I kind of thought it's time to move on from jeggings for him. I guess not because there don't seem to be other options.
I would try the childrens place knit one to see if they're possibly a bit wider. Regardless, neither option is now in stock in size 4T.

naomi2

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 9:02 am
Try the gap Ponte pants. It's soft material but thicker and it has a fly, button, and adjustable waist. You might have to go with the regular since they are unisex and the skinny might be too tight. My son doesn't have a belly but his thighs are thicker and the husky fits very slim on him.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 9:31 am
gigi3 wrote:
https://www.target.com/p/toddler-solid-jeggings-cat-38-jack-8482-black-4t/-/A-87910439

These look tight no?

987gold

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 9:36 am
I agree. Get the children's place jeggings in a 4 and 4 slim. Check on Amazon if you don't see on site or try 4 1 pair and see hoe you like. My son just turned 4 and switching him now as we only have 2 pairs of other pants/jeggings that aren't ripped. A tiny 3 year old forsure can continue in jeggings. You'll switch to shorts for summer and figure out which pants he should wear in Sept

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 9:38 am
amother OP wrote:
I could size up but I kind of thought it's time to move on from jeggings for him. I guess not because there don't seem to be other options.
I would try the childrens place knit one to see if they're possibly a bit wider. Regardless, neither option is now in stock in size 4T.

I don’t know what circles you’re in but we’re yeshivish/jpf and ds wore those until he grew out of the 5 biggest size and then we moved onto the primark pants which have a similar look. Anything knit ripped right away for him and I didn’t love the look for weekday.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 10:29 am
childrensplace is out of the 4slim and 4T of the black ponte pants, so I ordered them in 3T and in 4 regular. Let's see. Amazon still has 4slim (from a different seller) for 18 dollars which seems very overpriced. I put it into my cart and still deciding....

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 10:34 am
Gap uniform Ponte pants
I get them for $15 or under on sale (plus you can sign up for the 25% email coupon)

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 10:42 am
In case you haven't noticed, target has 2 versions of toddler jeggings. One is more legging- like, elastic waist, soft knit & the other one is the jeans version with a snap, adjustable waist & thicker fabric. The latter is not like leggings & should be ok to continue for a while. I don't like leggings on boys but those are more like pants. My 3yo is not very slim & still I couldn't find regular pants that stay up so I can't imagine a child like you described wearing regular pants.

Once out of target jeggings my boys go into children's place skinny chinos.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 3:48 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
In case you haven't noticed, target has 2 versions of toddler jeggings. One is more legging- like, elastic waist, soft knit & the other one is the jeans version with a snap, adjustable waist & thicker fabric. The latter is not like leggings & should be ok to continue for a while. I don't like leggings on boys but those are more like pants. My 3yo is not very slim & still I couldn't find regular pants that stay up so I can't imagine a child like you described wearing regular pants.

Once out of target jeggings my boys go into children's place skinny chinos.

DS was wearing the second, more pants type you're describing. I never even saw the first option.
I just ordered the last two of these in the 4T size.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics