Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Beckman’s - Ami Serial
  Previous  1  2  3 37  38  39 45  46  47  Next

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:47 am
amother Powderblue wrote:
Right but that had so many open threads. They needed a few epilogues after lol

are you talking about the chava and shalom one?
That one was crazy long. And never ended.
And for anyone who says don't cash the author she knew her story was dragged out just didn't care. $$$$

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:52 am
amother Chestnut wrote:
Same thing happened in the summer one with the narc friend.
The main character decided she needed to drop the friend, the end.
Would have been interesting to see how that would play out

that one also the husband was a real jerk.

amother
Currant

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:27 pm
amother Gray wrote:
that one also the husband was a real jerk.

He wasn't a jerk.

He just didn't want 3 people in his marriage.

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:39 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
Same thing happened in the summer one with the narc friend.
The main character decided she needed to drop the friend, the end.
Would have been interesting to see how that would play out

This story and its ending frustrated me to no end.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 4:19 am
amother Gray wrote:
are you talking about the chava and shalom one?
That one was crazy long. And never ended.
And for anyone who says don't cash the author she knew her story was dragged out just didn't care. $$$$

It's not about caring. Clearly lots of of people loveeeeee it all being drawn out. Everyone is talking about it. It makes money not for the amount of weeks but if the readers like it. If ami was only getting hate mail trust me they wouldn't have renewed a contract with her to do another serial or a serial of this style.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:27 pm
What happened this week?

agreer

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:13 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
What happened this week?

Esti is furious her husband brought his mother over on Motzei Shabbos "indefinitely" without asking.
She wakes up Sunday morning and is shocked to see her MIL and Eli eating breakfast and coffee together. Eli bought 2 muffins - but nothing for Esti (grrr).
Esti leaves the kitchen so quickly, fuming again. Eli sarcastically thanks her for being so welcoming to his mother. She's still mad.
Mimi comes over after no one answers her phone calls and messages. She needs to talk to mom. She goes upstairs then comes down and says, dramatically, "You don't want to know what she told me."

End scene

amother
Whitewash

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:20 pm
username11 wrote:
That would be some good character development, what seems to be happening is Esti discovered the 5 stages of grief and all will all be explained away with that

5 stages a grief - I hope it's not used as a copout- see, its because everyones grieving, one year later and everyone is magically fixed! I don't believe it, I think this families issues run much deeper than this.

lostmyoldSN

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:36 pm
And in the meantime Trust Fund has already ended.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:37 pm
agreer wrote:
Esti is furious her husband brought his mother over on Motzei Shabbos "indefinitely" without asking.
She wakes up Sunday morning and is shocked to see her MIL and Eli eating breakfast and coffee together. Eli bought 2 muffins - but nothing for Esti (grrr).
Esti leaves the kitchen so quickly, fuming again. Eli sarcastically thanks her for being so welcoming to his mother. She's still mad.
Mimi comes over after no one answers her phone calls and messages. She needs to talk to mom. She goes upstairs then comes down and says, dramatically, "You don't want to know what she told me."

End scene

Thanks!
Curious what the mother has told Mimi. That Dina is getting divorced? Shouldn't be such news

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:50 pm
How did trust fund end? I missed the last chapter

scintilla

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:07 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
Thanks!
Curious what the mother has told Mimi. That Dina is getting divorced? Shouldn't be such news

Maybe something about the father's heart attack. Maybe Dina/her asking for money caused it?

Possibly too soap opera-y for this kind of magazine but what else could be so shocking??

Perly1

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:51 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
Thanks!

Perhaps something negative about Eli. He's so controlling etc.

imamommy5

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 7:11 pm
Perly1 wrote:

I think so too.

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 7:20 pm
I’m new to this thread and haven’t read all of it but in my opinion Eli seems like a covert narcissist… perhaps it didn’t show up in the marriage before his fathers death because life was easy… and he was able to cover it up or his wife didn’t notice…or subconsciously looked away.

The way he treats her is not ok no matter that his father died or whatever..

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 7:54 pm
Perly1 wrote:

Nah. He's so enmeshed with his mother and siblings ... not possible.

He's the classic case of "I'm married to my mother". Esti doesnt stand a chance here, she'll always be the third wheel.

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 1:22 am
I’ve always been super sympathetic to esti during the story especially in recent chapters but I do think she should have been warmer to her mother in law, even if Eli didn’t give her a proper heads up or treat her normally.
Eli is the issue , not her mother in law.
And knowing how traumatized and stressed her MIL must be with the dina stuff and the basic trauma of losing her husband..,, even though the story paintf MIL as being cold to esti I still think esti should have put forth more effort. And deal with eli privately.
Her marriage sucks wow

Perly1

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 1:54 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
I’ve always been super sympathetic to esti during the story especially in recent chapters but I do think she should have been warmer to her mother in law, even if Eli didn’t give her a proper heads up or treat her normally.
And knowing how traumatized and stressed her MIL must be with the dina stuff and the basic trauma of losing her husband..,, even though the story paintf MIL as being cold to esti I still think esti should have put forth more effort. And deal with eli privately.
Her marriage sucks wow

100%

I think Esti needs to come on Ima to get some advice!

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 3:00 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
Her marriage sucks wow

Ummm did you read the part where Eli only bought 2 Muffins? One for him and one for his mother...
They made Esti feel like a stranger in her own home. How can she make her mil feel comfortable when she's made to feel like that??

Perly1

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 3:13 am
She was a saint not saying anything to Eli at various times. She could be polite to her MIL who was forced to go to them, then speak up to Eli - marriage therapy or divorce!
Page 38 of 47   Previous  1  2  3 37  38  39 45  46  47  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room