Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Chaverim- Pennyslvania

mha3484

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 12:22 pm
Does anyone have current info on Chaverim in PA. My son will be finishing 7th and I have given up on Agudah Midwest and I heard kol torah is just as impossible. Someone suggested this to me and I think he could really like it. He has school camp so would go second half.

Has anyone sent a boy there recently that could tell me more about. By OOT standards we are pretty yeshivish my son is a little nerdy not super sporty but hes in a class now where he feels like for the yeshivish kids hes the modern one and the modern kids the yeshivish one. So being able to find boys like him would be amazing. If anyone has sent there and can tell me what the boys are like etc I would really appreciate it.

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 2:00 pm
I know a bunch of Baltimore boys who went. There is a lot more than just sports there. The boys who went really enjoyed.

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 3:04 pm
A great camp for the non sporty kids! Bunk houses are quite gross though so if he’s particular about that, I would keep looking. Do they still have room at this point? Bonim is more sporty, but I know I heard they still have room for second half if Chaverim doesn’t.

mha3484

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 3:09 pm
Im looking for next summer. For a lot of reasons he needs to know that theres a place for him that that will take him and appreciate him because hes not feeling it now. He cant take a third wait listed summer at AMW.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 3:31 pm
We sent my son to chaverim going into eighth grade years ago. He loved it and if he wanted to go back to camp, that's where he would have gone. He hates playing sports and it worked well for him.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 4:05 pm
My son sounds like yours. This is his first year going to camp and lots of ppl suggested Chaveirim would be just right for him. I’m the end he’s going to camp matziv. Maybe that’s a good option for ur son too

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 4:09 pm
I have had 2 sons going to chaverim about 3 years. It's a great camp! Caring staff.

mha3484

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 4:27 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
I have had 2 sons going to chaverim about 3 years. It's a great camp! Caring staff.

Would you PM me?

mha3484

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 8:48 pm
Bumping my own thread. We applied, the activities look great but he thinks he will be the frummy. Can anyone tell me what the crowd is like second half?

Beingreal

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 9:08 pm
My son is hoing for the first time and he is excited!

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 4:33 pm
I have a boy coming out of 7th and this will be his 3rd year. It's a really nice place- mix of boys from out-of-town communities. It is a pretty small camp. The staff is absolutely wonderful. A lot of boys from Baltimore, Silver Spring, Arizona, Texas, Philly. There is a very strong focus on middos. Lot's of sports, but other things too. It sounds like your son would fit in well.

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 4:36 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Bumping my own thread. We applied, the activities look great but he thinks he will be the frummy. Can anyone tell me what the crowd is like second half?

He won't be the fummy. Second half has a lot of boys from TI in Baltimore.

mha3484

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:25 am
Thank you! This really helped.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps