Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Beckman’s - Ami Serial
  Previous  1  2  3 38  39  40 45  46  47  Next

life is fun

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 4:32 am
Eli not buying a muffin for his wife is the tip of the iceberg imo.
How invested is he in this marriage, I mean he's brought his mother into their home without consulting Esti first.

OK, maybe it was an emergency but at least have a proper conversation before the morning, before Esti sees her again in the morning.

The mother is a grown up adult and carries responsibility too regardless of her pain etc and ought to respect its Estis home just like its Eli. It would have been decent to invite her to join them for coffee when she arrived in the kitchen instead of making her feel uncomfortable and unwanted at that moment.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:18 am
I Hate Eli

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:33 am
amother Apricot wrote:
I Hate Eli

I hate Dina.

I know the story is fake and the characters keep changing (author needs to keep the drama going)

And I didnt follow the whole story, but I have no doubt they would be better off disconnecting from Dina.

IRL my marriage is great. But every time my sil 'involves' herself, it's awful. She has a messed up marriage, so she throws guilt and responsibilities unto my dh/her brother, which makes me so resentful.

Dina is the issue. And everyone around has to be aware of it.

Tao

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 4:54 pm
life is fun wrote:
Eli not buying a muffin for his wife is the tip of the iceberg imo.
How invested is he in this marriage, I mean he's brought his mother into their home without consulting Esti first.

OK, maybe it was an emergency but at least have a proper conversation before the morning, before Esti sees her again in the morning.

The mother is a grown up adult and carries responsibility too regardless of her pain etc and ought to respect its Estis home just like its Eli. It would have been decent to invite her to join them for coffee when she arrived in the kitchen instead of making her feel uncomfortable and unwanted at that moment.

To be fair to Mrs Beckman, she was pretty much in shock. It doesn't sound like she's able to think straight by this point. Esti mentioned in the past that she was great to host. But her life is falling apart and her kids are at each otehr's throats. It's no wonder she doesn't have the headspace to find conversation to make Esti comfortable right now....

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:33 pm
Eli’s actions trigger my anger against self centered, misogynistic, mama’s boys.
Not buying a muffin and coffee and then berating her for “ not being nice to his mother “ how about he should have sat his wife down- given her his muffin, made her a coffee, invited her into the conversation!!!!!
He’s really stupid and blind.
Yes he has a lot on his plate since papa’s death- but the way he treats his wife - ?!?!!?!? Shooting Arrow Angry

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 6:00 pm
[quote="Perly1"]She was a saint not saying anything to Eli at various times. She could be polite to her MIL who was forced to go to them, then speak up to Eli - marriage therapy or d
Divorce. Marriage therapy he'll be all annoying "I didn't know you wanted a muffin."
Then the therapist will be like "communication is so important"
Been there done that.

Tao

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 6:02 pm
This thread is a great way to get the taavah for lashon hara out of your system LOL LOL

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:22 am
Mimi told Eli that their father warned Mrs Beckman that this is exactly what’s going to happen if she doesn’t stop spoiling Dina.
They have a family meeting. All agree not to tell Mrs. Beckman about Dina and her marriage that’s in shambles.
They turn around from the meeting and Mrs. Beckman was standing in the doorway demanding to be brought home since Dina called her.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:03 am
I feel like the author is like a pilot who has learnt absolutely everything about flying, and is amazing at it, but just never figured out how to land.

I don't think she's figured out how to end the story.

amother
Caramel

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:21 am
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
I feel like the author is like a pilot who has learnt absolutely everything about flying, and is amazing at it, but just never figured out how to land.

Lol just came on here to say this story needs to end already. Its been going on for way too long

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:24 am
amother Caramel wrote:
Lol just came on here to say this story needs to end already. Its been going on for way too long

Exactly. I used to read it asap. Now I don’t lol. It’s taking to long it’s gotta end every week is another repeat.

Perly1

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:24 am
Ihatepotatoes wrote:

I think the mother will be firm with Dina. And Esti will finally be firm with Eli and he/they will get therapy And they'll all live happily(ish) ever after!

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:27 am
Ihatepotatoes wrote:

Agreed. It's just repetitious by now. Boring.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:31 am
They will probably find a life insurance policy worth millions and all will be well.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:35 am
Perly1 wrote:
I think the mother will be firm with Dina. And Esti will finally be firm with Eli and he/they will get therapy And they'll all live happily(ish) ever after!

And then Mimi will do something narcissistic and we'll have 2 months of more repetitious word salad

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:02 pm
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
And then Mimi will do something narcissistic and we'll have 2 months of more repetitious word salad

Yup. I on' understand why everyone is still taken by this seriel. Especially if it's proven itself to be repetitive and boring.

Perly1

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:29 pm
amother Jean wrote:
Yup. I on' understand why everyone is still taken by this seriel. Especially if it's proven itself to be repetitive and boring.

You're right but I kind of get pulled in and think ok now something will happen.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:24 pm
Ihatepotatoes wrote:

Omg lol!! You’re so funny! So true! The plane keeps taking detours and many emergency landing stop overs.. it needs to reach its final destination. 😂

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:25 pm
I think Eli and his wife should get divorced. It doesn’t have to have a happy ending by staying with Eli… it sounds like their marriage is quite toxic at this point and she deserves to be treated better…

Perly1

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:45 pm
amother Fern wrote:
I think Eli and his wife should get divorced. It doesn’t have to have a happy ending by staying with Eli… it sounds like their marriage is quite toxic at this point and she deserves to be treated better…

You're right it is horrible but I think they need to try and turn it around first. If Eli won't go to therapy then she should.
Page 39 of 47   Previous  1  2  3 38  39  40 45  46  47  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room