Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What medication for Crohns. Please answer asap
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Begonia

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:00 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
I believe it's possible that we are both saying the same thing and calling it something different. What do you mean when you say remission? Is the inflammation gone and there is always a chance of a flareup - meaning the inflammation coming back? Or are you saying the inflammation is always there but just under control?

Inflammation 100% gone. No inflammation visible.

But there is always the possibility of it acting up again, as the disease itself is still in the body may Hashem protect us all.

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 3:14 pm
I have experience with remicade, humera and skirizi. Humera was awful it gives horrible headaches and it’s not an uncommon side effect. Remicade was great but going for infusions is annoying. Now on skirizzi which is the newest on the market and it includes the first three times where a nurse comes to your home and gives you an infusion after that it’s shots and honestly skirrizi is amazing. No flareups in over a year bH. Everything has side effects but with skirrizi I don’t notice any.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 3:53 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
I have experience with remicade, humera and skirizi. Humera was awful it gives horrible headaches and it’s not an uncommon side effect. Remicade was great but going for infusions is annoying. Now on skirizzi which is the newest on the market and it includes the first three times where a nurse comes to your home and gives you an infusion after that it’s shots and honestly skirrizi is amazing. No flareups in over a year bH. Everything has side effects but with skirrizi I don’t notice any.

Skyrizzi isn’t FDA approved for kids with Crohns yet so the infusions have to be in person. Pretty sure it’s only available at Mt Sinai in the NY area and I don’t know how easy it is to get in.

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:58 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:
Skyrizzi isn’t FDA approved for kids with Crohns yet so the infusions have to be in person. Pretty sure it’s only available at Mt Sinai in the NY area and I don’t know how easy it is to get in.

Didn’t know about it not being approved for kids yet. However I go to Penn Hospital so bH it’s not just in New York
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics