Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Need Help with New Sheital

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:56 pm
I bought a new, lace top sheital a few month ago. It's made by a well known, mid-level brand (I paid $3,500) and the sheital macher has a good reputation. Since I bought it, I've been having an issue that I've never seen before. When I brush it, it looks fine. But after just a short time, some of the hair starts to sort of pop out at the root. I'm not sure if that makes sense or how to describe it better. It looks so messy. The issue is mainly above my ears and toward the front of the sheital. I would need to brush it every 10 minutes in order for the hair to fall down smoothly. Anyone have this issue before? I know that I should bring it to the shaital macher who sold it to me, but I live out of town and it's a big shlep. Any ideas how to fix? I have had it washed a few times but that made no difference.

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:06 pm
I'm not sure I understand - do you want the hair to stay flat?
There are sprays (or a good Ole fashion blow dryer) to weigh the hair down, but it may make it look waxy, it's also possible the hair was ventilated in the wrong direction causing it to lay in a funny way.
I would bring it back so they can check but it's possible it was made that way to look more natural.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:11 pm
Sprays won't fix this. It's as if some of the hair was sewn into the sheital in the wrong direction. Hair should come out of the root and just fall smoothly downward. Instead, it pops out to the side (meaning parallel to the ground) before falling downward.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:16 pm
I have the same problem. I can only wear it tied back or tucked otherwise it gets all knotty by the top at the lace. Super annoying. I think it might need a deep conditioning or something like that.

mizle10

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:27 pm
The hairs you're seeing are called returns, they're because of the lace top. There's no way to avoid them, but they should be flat.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:33 pm
mizle10 wrote:
The hairs you're seeing are called returns, they're because of the lace top. There's no way to avoid them, but they should be flat.

But I know lots of people with lace tops who don't have this problem. Can you explain more about these "returns" and what might be causing them not to lay flat?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:52 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
I have the same problem. I can only wear it tied back or tucked otherwise it gets all knotty by the top at the lace. Super annoying. I think it might need a deep conditioning or something like that.

I guess I'm not the only one... it's so upsetting. I don't buy new sheitals often Sad

kenz

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Sprays won't fix this. It's as if some of the hair was sewn into the sheital in the wrong direction. Hair should come out of the root and just fall smoothly downward. Instead, it pops out to the side (meaning parallel to the ground) before falling downward.

I had this with a custom sheitel that I got when I got married. It was very expensive for that time, and it looked like a bird’s nest within 10 minutes. Eventually I just gave up and moved on and was told by my current sheitel macher that the hair actually was sewn in upside down and it’s a shame I hadn’t gone back to the person I bought it from. I hadn’t known better. I would bring it back if I were you, that’s a lot of money.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:36 pm
Have the same issue. I brought it back. First she removed some of the wefts that had hairs popping out. Plus some hairs were sewn in upside down she redid it. Some hairs keep popping up at the top of my head literally looks like a chicken hairstyle. And no amount of hairspray fixes it.

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:37 pm
Everyone here with this issue- is it with a lace top?

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:45 pm
mizle10 wrote:

Doesn't sound like returns.

This is an issue above the ears.

The hairs were probably sewn in upside down

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:35 pm
Sounds like I'll need to bring it to the sheital macher who sold it if I want to fix it Sad Thanks for the input!

kenz

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:00 pm
amother Jean wrote:
Everyone here with this issue- is it with a lace top?

Mine was long before lace tops were a thing.

kenz

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Sounds like I'll need to bring it to the sheital macher who sold it if I want to fix it Sad Thanks for the input!

I hope you are treated fairly and are able to have it repaired. It will make me feel better about my own. ☺️
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels