Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Which shorts for very skinny 5 yr old-weekday

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 1:53 pm
I can't get away with bike shorts anymore but it's the last year he will wear shorts in summer and I am lost where to buy them..
The regular shorts in stores would be sooo baggy and ridiculous looking.
PLEASE help

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 1:56 pm
I do girls shorts. They are shorter so even if they are wide it looks better.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 1:57 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
I do girls shorts. They are shorter so even if they are wide it looks better.

Which brand?
Can you link it when you get a chance?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 2:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
Which brand?
Can you link it when you get a chance?

I've done target cat and jack in a bunch of styles.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 3:19 pm
I have the same problem Op. I also have a problem that my son is tall amd skinny with no waist at all. To the imother that suggested target. That does't work for my son because most pairs run short. At 5 my son cant wear such short shorts. I find the stretch material shorts are better than stiffer shorts. I didnt shop the season yet but I had the same isssue with my other son. I had the same problem I don't remember what company I bought. More than 1 company for sure. You could try Kidichic and Petit Clair for shabbos. My kid is extremely hard to fit because I need long but skinny. tight but not Jean looking. Nice looking but not expensive.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 3:24 pm
shbs I figured out I buy the mocha noir stretch dress shorts in tiny size. I had size 3 for him last yr and it was perfect. adjustable waist. they are soft like tshirt material but very nice looking

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 3:31 pm
lil legs made pretty knit and linen shorts.
Also denim shorts
They fit my skinny almost 5 yr old who wears size 4 ( and size 3 in some things)

chili-n-cholent

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 10:41 am
amother Feverfew wrote:
lil legs made pretty knit and linen shorts.
Also denim shorts
They fit my skinny almost 5 yr old who wears size 4 ( and size 3 in some things)

they run short and they are pull on so it won't fit a really skinny tall kid with no waist
We have the same issue, he's 4 1/2 and can't really wear the girly short shorts anymore.
He has no waist and the only pants that stay up are the target jeggings because they are snug enough to hold themselves up in the leg.
I heard very good things about petit clair, I'm planning on trying those
For shabbos I got these lil legs ones, they are great because they have a zipper and a rubber waist so hold up pretty well but they do run to the shorter side. https://www.jellybeanzkids.com.....JbY4Y

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 10:43 am
but those lil legs ones don't come in black Sad
I reallly need weekday. For pants he wears childresn place super skinny girls and they are amazinngg!!! they stay up, have adjustable waste, very slim leg.
I need those in shorts. Otherwise I will just do bike shorts again

amother
Alyssum

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 11:03 am
OP I have the same exact situation. I save the childrens place ponte knit pants that rip at the knee throughout the year and cut it into shorts for the summer. You can do the same with any outgrown pants . These are the ONLY ONES THAT FIT DECENTLY . I am still struggling to find shabbos shorts in white/ tan.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 11:28 am
That's a great idea. How do you have seamstress cut? Do you make a cuff rolled up a bit? Or just straight ? What does it cost about for each one?

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 11:56 am
Great idea!
Thanks!

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 12:01 pm
OP, what is your sons height and weight? I have the same issues with my son and might be able to recommend some stuff if I know your son’s build. Are you looking only for black or also fine with denim etc?

Also,just an FYI that super tight shirts aren’t so in style anymore, looser shorts are more in (just not too long). That may make it easier for you to find stuff.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 12:02 pm
[quote="amother Alyssum I am still struggling to find shabbos shorts in white/ tan.[/quote]

I know they are expensive, but parni shabos shorts milano have a great fit.Aso, lil legs linen Shabbos shorts in 2 sizes down. It usually works.

Wanted to share that I found the cutest denim shorts in WALMART!! They were $5 each and look like the jewish stores. They are pull on, elastic waste, and I got size 2 for my 5 yr old so they fit decent. almost got 18 m!!! They run big

mha3484

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 12:03 pm
I like the chino shorts from cat and jack.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 12:05 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
OP, what is your sons height and weight? I have the same issues with my son and might be able to recommend some stuff if I know your son’s build. Are you looking only for black or also fine with denim etc?

Also,just an FYI that super tight shirts aren’t so in style anymore, looser shorts are more in (just not too long). That may make it easier for you to find stuff.

Yes I did some looser shorts but because he is so skinny it does look a little off..
Like you can see his underwear when he sits down through the leg since it's so loose.
I don't konw his height and weight we did not go to dr recently. My younger son who is 3 is heavier than him for sure. he wears a 4t in pants and shirts

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 12:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
I know they are expensive, but parni shabos shorts milano have a great fit.Aso, lil legs linen Shabbos shorts in 2 sizes down. It usually works.

Wanted to share that I found the cutest denim shorts in WALMART!! They were $5 each and look like the jewish stores. They are pull on, elastic waste, and I got size 2 for my 5 yr old so they fit decent. almost got 18 m!!! They run big

Can you link the denim Walmart shorts?

I actually also found great shorts in Walmart a few years ago! Looks like they’re out of stock right now but keep the link because they may be restocked. The waist is very adjustable so I was able to get them to stay up. And it’s easy to take the cuff down yourself to make them longer. They’re stretchy and comfortable. Loose fit on the legs but looks good still.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Won.....40613

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 12:16 pm
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gar.....w_wcB

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 12:27 pm
What about white weekday ones? Any links?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics