Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How to get past a plateau?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 12:43 pm
Getting so frustrated!

I’m nursing a 3-month-old bH and doing weight watchers breastfeeding plan. With my last baby I lost a ton doing that and didn’t even exercise. This time I’m sticking to the plan diligently and walking a few times a week. I lost 12 pounds pretty quickly and haven’t lost an ounce in three weeks!

I can’t start cutting down further because I’m afraid it will affect my milk supply. I also can’t up the exercise due to back problems.

Any ideas?

amother
Daphne

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 2:08 pm
Sounds like what your missing is resistance exercise. That would help your metabolism.

But please stop putting so much pressure on yourself, IMHO. You just gave birth 3 months ago for goodness sake! You lost 12 lbs! That's great, what's the rush?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 2:46 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
Sounds like what your missing is resistance exercise. That would help your metabolism.

But please stop putting so much pressure on yourself, IMHO. You just gave birth 3 months ago for goodness sake! You lost 12 lbs! That's great, what's the rush?

Interesting, thanks.
Literally the only reason I’m doing this is because I lose much more easily when nursing and I get to eat more than I would when not nursing! It’s hard for me to lose it after I stop so I’d rather lose it now and then maintain after I stop nursing. I have another 30+ pounds I want to lose…

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:21 am
Bump. Any ideas?

yc

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:33 am
I second the exercise rec. try pilates if you can't do toning.
with each baby (and as you age) its gets harder and takes longer for most people. but don't give up!
3 months is not a lot of time.
good luck!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:16 pm
yc wrote:
I second the exercise rec. try pilates if you can't do toning.
with each baby (and as you age) its gets harder and takes longer for most people. but don't give up!
3 months is not a lot of time.
good luck!

Thanks. I know, it’s just frustrating cuz I’ve always lost quickly while nursing. Guess my age is a major factor now (I’m getting close to 40…)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise