Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Toddler car seat options

busy mommy

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:08 am
I am looking for a rear facing/front facing car seat for my baby. Please post car seats you are happy with. (I looked at old posts but many are discontinued, recalled, or there may be better options now)
* safe
* I will have other car seats in the car so it needs to be slimmer
* I don't want to break the bank
* easy installation is preferable
* easy to wash
* able to recline in a narrow space (the rows in my van do not have a ton of space from one row to the next)

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:50 am
Dont get the cosco car seat. its cheap and slim but I dont find it to be safe. at a sharp turn it can flip to the side chvsh

busy mommy

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:52 am
amother Lemon wrote:
Dont get the cosco car seat. its cheap and slim but I dont find it to be safe. at a sharp turn it can flip to the side chvsh

Ok, do you recommend something else?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:54 am
We have the Evenflo Tribute. Very happy with it. I don't know about the recline, but otherwise I think it fits your criteria.

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:54 am
I like the graco contender. A solid, quality car seat. No bells and whistles but does the job well.

teachkids

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:55 am
For both rear and ff I like the Graco slimfit. If its just ff the diono radian is a great option

Ema of 5

amother Lemon wrote:

If it flips, it wasn’t installed properly.

amother
Slateblue

I have the graco slimfit 3 in 1 car seat and love it

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:58 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
If it flips, it wasn’t installed properly.

I bought this carseat too. Its true. However, I found it very, very difficult to install properly. I needed to roll up towels or use pool noodles to get it in right. It was kind of crazy.... so I returned it.

hotpretzel

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:24 am
Graco slim fit

busy mommy

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 1:28 pm
amother Gray wrote:
We have the Evenflo Tribute. Very happy with it. I don't know about the recline, but otherwise I think it fits your criteria.

This one doesn't seem like I can fit another car seat next to it. Is it slim enough?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 1:29 pm
busy mommy wrote:
This one doesn't seem like I can fit another car seat next to it. Is it slim enough?

I don't have a car seat next to it, but it's pretty slim and I think it would fit.

busy mommy

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 1:35 pm
teachkids wrote:
For both rear and ff I like the Graco slimfit. If its just ff the diono radian is a great option

I have narrowed down my choices to the graco slimfit, the Diono Radian and the safety 1st grow and go.
From your post it sounds like you have the first two.
- You said not the Diono for rear facing, why not?
- Can I fit them both rear facing behind the drivers seat of a toyota sienna?
- Is the Diono really too heavy? (I may want to fly with it)
- Are they both easy to wash?

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 1:40 pm
Graco TrioGrow LX. It is not quite as slim as the SlimFit, but is slimmer than other Graco models. Also doesn't take up a lot of space front to back (I.e., between front and back seats). It is also much easier to install than many other graco models because it has both easy push button latch and it also has snuglock which locks off the seatbelt for both rf and ff (many gracos only have it for one direction). We like it, but we only have 2 seats in the back, not 3, so I can't promise it will fit 3 across. Check on CarSeatBlog or Car Seats for the Littles.

busy mommy

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 2:02 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
Graco TrioGrow LX. It is not quite as slim as the SlimFit, but is slimmer than other Graco models. Also doesn't take up a lot of space front to back (I.e., between front and back seats). It is also much easier to install than many other graco models because it has both easy push button latch and it also has snuglock which locks off the seatbelt for both rf and ff (many gracos only have it for one direction). We like it, but we only have 2 seats in the back, not 3, so I can't promise it will fit 3 across. Check on CarSeatBlog or Car Seats for the Littles.

This is an interesting option, Thanks!

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 4:46 pm
Also forgot to add that the TrioGrow got the highest rating by consumer reports in its class, so it should be very safe.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 5:00 pm
busy mommy wrote:
I have narrowed down my choices to the graco slimfit, the Diono Radian and the safety 1st grow and go.
From your post it sounds like you have the first two.
- You said not the Diono for rear facing, why not?
- Can I fit them both rear facing behind the drivers seat of a toyota sienna?
- Is the Diono really too heavy? (I may want to fly with it)
- Are they both easy to wash?

The diono is huge front to back rear facing because it's at it's full height always.
We had the slimfit rf behind the driver in a Camry with a tall driver comfortably, but we switch to ff at 2.5-3 so idk if it works well when they get taller than that.
The diono is super heavy, but has a super cool feature where the seat folds in travel.
Diono is easy to wash. The gracos are more of a pain because the easy adjust/ no rethread thing means the cover is a hundred little pieces.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics