Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Diamond eternity band heartache

When do u wear your eternity band
Daily  
 63%  [ 30 ]
Only special occasions  
 25%  [ 12 ]
Other, please explain  
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 47

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 1:56 pm
I had a custom eternity band made a yr and a half ago. Unfortunately a diamond fell out after the first six months. I had it replaced and paid for it...three months later two more diamonds fell out at the same time. Since I couldn't find them we had those two replaced as well. About 8 months later now a fourth diamond fell out. Miraculously I found this diamond so we won't need to replace it, it just needs to be fixed. I guess my question is, am I super hard on my ring, as I wear it every day or is it a damaged piece. After the second time the diamonds fell out I started to take it off when I do laundry. If I am doing messy housework I wear gloves. I had this ring made to always wear. I would be sad to only wear it on special occasions cuz I don't think it would get much use,I don't have these occasions often. Supposedly the jeweler checked to make sure it was very tight... what is normal wear for an eternity band? Do u wear yours daily? What would you do now?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 2:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
I had a custom eternity band made a yr and a half ago. Unfortunately a diamond fell out after the first six months. I had it replaced and paid for it...three months later two more diamonds fell out at the same time. Since I couldn't find them we had those two replaced as well. About 8 months later now a fourth diamond fell out. Miraculously I found this diamond so we won't need to replace it, it just needs to be fixed. I guess my question is, am I super hard on my ring, as I wear it every day or is it a damaged piece. After the second time the diamonds fell out I started to take it off when I do laundry. If I am doing messy housework I wear gloves. I had this ring made to always wear. I would be sad to only wear it on special occasions cuz I don't think it would get much use,I don't have these occasions often. Supposedly the jeweler checked to make sure it was very tight... what is normal wear for an eternity band? Do u wear yours daily? What would you do now?

I wear mine very often as do most people I know with eternity bands. Diamonds should certainly not be falling out. I would take to a different jewelr to get an opinion

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 2:01 pm
Definitely not normal. I'm so sorry, but this sounds like a bad setting.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 2:05 pm
That’s so upsetting! I have mine for 3 years and wear it daily. BH no problems. It only goes halfway around. It was from Molly’s.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 2:17 pm
I had this. Horrible setting. I had the whole ring redone and hadn’t had an issue since bh.

Cookin4days

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 2:22 pm
My sister wears her daily. She never takes it off and she’s very hard with her hands. I think it’s your setting.

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 2:33 pm
Had it. 2 Diamonds fell out and couldn’t find it.
Bh we had a policy on my jewelry so we filed a claim. Few weeks later another diamond became loose. Took it right off and Went back to Jeweler and made them do over the entire setting. We told them if another diamond falls out we can’t file another claim and they will be responsible. They agreed to do it over. I don’t want to say the cost, but the ring was a lot of money.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 2:40 pm
I have mine for almost 7 years and one fell out one time and we split the cost with the jeweler. I wear daily.

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 2:53 pm
I wear mine every day for 20+ years, no issue. Def something wrong with the setting

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:33 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
I had this. Horrible setting. I had the whole ring redone and hadn’t had an issue since bh.

At a different jeweler?

happy7

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:35 pm
Go to another jeweler and get the diamonds reset. The job was NOT done properly. You should be able to wear it all day without the diamonds falling out.

Librarian

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:36 pm
This is a problem with the setting. It sounds like your diamonds are set too "high". This makes the stones look bigger, but it is not good practice.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:37 pm
The jeweler we used is blaming me. He says his setter says the ring is all banged up. This ring cost $10,000 not counting the three diamonds we had to replace. It irks me to have to spend more money on it and reset the whole thing. I guess I might have no choice at this point. I would have liked the jeweler to take some responsibility for it. It's confusing that it happened so many times and he keeps blaming me, saying I am hard on the ring. Maybe I really am but from all your responses it does sound like it's the setting, not me.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:38 pm
Problem with the settings. Take it elsewhere.

Regarding your poll.
I work in healthcare and do not wear my rings in the hospital as it is not practical and I would with an indigent population. I also don’t wear my rings around my house, to cook/clean/bath kids. I hate when water gets inside. I do wear it all other times ;shul/shuir/supermarket/lunch with friends…. But in reality it is quite far from daily.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:44 pm
Jeweler here.

Diamonds should not be falling out unless you are banging your ring up.

Eternity bands worn every day should be given in to a jeweler to be strengthened and maintained once every year.

As a jeweler, if a diamond falls out within the first year of wearing it, I will replace it pro bono, if more than one diamond would fall out (I never had this bh) I would redo the setting from scratch.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:28 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
Jeweler here.

Diamonds should not be falling out unless you are banging your ring up.

Eternity bands worn every day should be given in to a jeweler to be strengthened and maintained once every year.

As a jeweler, if a diamond falls out within the first year of wearing it, I will replace it pro bono, if more than one diamond would fall out (I never had this bh) I would redo the setting from scratch.

That's what the guy we bought it from claims I don't think I am working more than any other mother/wife. I can't understand how so many diamonds fell out. I thought the washer/ dryer was the issue so I started taking it off while doing laundry but it still fell out anyway.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics