Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
How come?

lili

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 6:54 am
I've been looking into double strollers a lot online and I found this duo walker - the double of the easy walker. it looks really good and costs 650dollars. now I've asked on another thread about it but noone really seems to know anything about it. does that mean it's not a good stroller or is it too expensive??? it sounds fishy I would really love to get it but I'm nervous....what do you think?

gigi

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 6:57 am
crazy amount of money for a stroller of u ask me.
I have a double graco. it cost $150.00
and I tried out/borrowed others and more expensive ones before I got mine.
I like mine a whole lot better than the pricier ones.

livalittle

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 6:59 am
gigi, the duowalker is a jogging stroller, the graco duoglider isn't - that's why it's more expensive.
lili, the duowalker is very new in the USA and only more exclusive shops carry them. when are you due? I'll be getting on IYH - I'm due in Sept. IYH. I'll let you know what I think abt it!

lili

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 8:01 am
I'm due in a few weeks iy'H
I know it's a lot but it's less compared to the other one I'm looking into (the koelstra from europe). I also got the bugaboo as a single and paid a lot of money. I live in israel and we don't have a car so I do loads of walking and need a good stroller.
I just cant get used to the look of the phil and ted...I like the fact that the duo walker fits a maxi cosi and it's also very lightweight....it's just the fact that I cant see it before I order that makes me nervous would just love to hear of someone who has it and is happy with it!

gigi

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 8:37 am
aha. I saw duo, and automatically thought double stroller. sorry.
good luck with your stroller shopping.

lili

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 9:23 am
I am talking about a double
http://www.easywalker.nl/usa/duowalker.html

ilovestrollers

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 9:27 am
I"ve heard very good things about it. Which other one were you considering?

lili

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 10:20 am
the koelstra I dont think it;s sold in the usa or the phil n'ted but I really dont wanna get it.
is the duo walker very similar to the urban? have u heard any disadvantages?

livalittle

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 7:05 pm
I posted a link in the other topic you posted - why dont you go to mommy.tv and click on easywalker in the product index and you'll see what it's all abt..
1.5 yrs ago I was set on the stokke and no one had hear abt it and none of the places were selling it bec. it was new on the market and now I see it all over the place (I'm not getting it bec it's not practical for one, and very expensive). it'll be the same with the duowalker.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 7:11 pm
I saw it in the store and it looked ok. Try it out before buying it.

livalittle

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 3:53 pm
I went to boro park to try it out - I loved it! I've tried all the big brand name ones and felt most comfortable with this one. It' so durable, good quality, a dream to push, folds and sets back up easily. it feels light.You can easily remove the seats for washing or to place car seat or bassinet. great shocks and tires. nice material. I'm definitely getting it IYh, just have to decide which color!

btw - it is big when folded, but so are all other double jogging strollers. def. smaller than valco.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 4:41 pm
do u have to take off the seats and/or wheels to fold it?

Pineapple

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 5:06 pm
Looks simmilar to the mountain buggy

livalittle

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 4:27 pm
u have to take the seat off to put the car seat adaptor on - but it snaps off in a breeze. you dont have to take the seats or tires off to fold it - u can take the tires off to make the fold smaller. I asked how it compared to the mountain buggy and the saleswoman said that it is similar but just lighter, and also, only takes maxi cosi car seat (which works perfect for me bec.I love the quality and colors of their products). Big difference is the price. If you can get the mountain buggy 07 then it's not so significant - but the 08 model is a couple hundred dollars more. the easywalker costs 599 (oh, it also includes bumper bar and raincover - with mbuggy, you have to buythe bumper bar).

Skippy!!

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 4:51 pm
Mega Babies has the mountain buggy on sale now.

http://www.megababies.net/MegaBuggy.aspx

dewyt

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 5:42 pm
my sister in law has the mountain buggy and I think it is SOOO dangerous the way it tips if u put pressure on the handlebar!!! any kid could come and hold onto that and pull it over. how come so many ppl still get it?

chaylizi

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 6:25 pm
because it pushes the best. also it shouldn't be tipping if you brake the stroller before you walk away from it. otherwise no one should put leaning/pushing pressure on any stroller handlebar as it could cause it to tip. I love my mountain buggy. I wish my baby was in my mountain buggy when my older dd pushed my stroller off my porch (by accident) with my baby in it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics