Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
H&M boys linen suit - shatnez?

srbmom

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:56 pm
I've bought my boys suits at H&M for years and didn't realize this time I must have bought a different style. Has anyone checked this for shatnez? It has 20% linen in it
https://www2.hm.com/en_us/prod.....D_BwE

amother
Blueberry

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:08 am
Call your local Shatnez tester and ask them but I assume yes it needs to be tested.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 7:28 am
Pretty sure even if someone else tested it, you’d still need to test it

srbmom

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 9:18 am
Quote:
Pretty sure even if someone else tested it, you’d still need to test it

Yes, this is true. But if someone else tested it and it hat shatnez, then I wouldn't bother and ill just return it Very Happy

chmamma

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 3:24 pm
srbmom wrote:
I've bought my boys suits at H&M for years and didn't realize this time I must have bought a different style. Has anyone checked this for shatnez? It has 20% linen in it
https://www2.hm.com/en_us/prod.....D_BwE

I'm training as a shatnez checker, and what I've been taught is that any blazer/jacket needs to be checked, even if the label does not contain wool or linen. The reason for this is that the construction of a blazer includes a lot of components (generally to reinforce different parts of the jacket) that do not have to be included in the label. Examples of these components include shoulder pads, collar canvases, vent linings.

Regarding a suit that does contain wool or linen on the label, the entire suit needs to be checked. And you are correct that it should be tested even if an identical suit was tested. The reason for this is that some of these components can be factory scraps, which can vary from item to item based on what was available.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics