Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
If both you and your husband work, what are your hours?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:29 pm
Job started that way bH. I have a lot of experience in that field and they appreciated that. Are part time jobs hard to find in Lakewood nowadays?

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:32 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
Job started that way bH. I have a lot of experience in that field and they appreciated that. Are part time jobs hard to find in Lakewood nowadays?

Part time is not hard to find..most want starting 9-930. I have not looked that much. I have been at a job for a while. Wondering what my options would be if I would switch

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:20 pm
I work 10-4. DH has his own business and works straight from shacharis until pickup and then half the time runs out to work more after I'm home.

My hours were originally 9-3 with dh doing both drop off and pickup but he wasn't getting enough hours in to grow his business so my boss let me switch on a trial. They probably wouldn't hire someone starting at 10, I'm the only one who comes in that late but also one of the last few to leave. This is in Lakewood.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:09 pm
I work 9:30-3 and DH works from around 9-6:45

even when DH was in kollel I always did the drop offs and pickups. that was a bonus for me when DH started working, the childcare part was not part of the adjustment at all so it really helped in the realm of things

I purposely looked for a job in a specific office location so that I'd be in proximity to more playgroups.
I sign my kids up from 9:15-3 (so hard to find! not sure why someone mentioned here that there are plenty of groups??)
I leave work about 5-7 mins early and rush like a madwoman to pickup at 3 (my other playgroup is BH until 3:15 so I'm able to do both my pickups timely.

its really, really stressful especially that traffic (or spaced out drivers) can make or break being late to work or being late to pick up my child. But this is what I do. (not easy!!)

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:14 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
Firstly hatzlocha! I remember when my husband first went to work and it was very tough. The transition is not easy but you figure out what works and what doesn't.
My kids' ages range between 4 - 17 so maybe this is why I can't imagine how 2 parents can work full time in Lakewood. In order to manage (without having to beg family and friends to pitch in), one parent has to be flexible.
My husband has his own business but his hours are approximately 8:30 - 5:30 (he is not flexible). My hours are 10:30 - 2:30. I can probably make 10 - 3 work but that is the max. I don't know how anyone else manages (unless you qualify for CHS and can send to a daycare).
I do have friends/neighbors who work longer hours. Guess who gets a phone call to step in and save the day when they simply can't make the hours work?? You guessed it Smile

interesting that you say it can't work. I'm doing this for 14 years BH. I dont' think I've EVER asked a neighbor or friend a favor to pick up or drop off or watch a kid. I do have the flexibility of picking myself up and leaving if need be but as a whole I put in my full 9:30-3 and DH is completely unavailable nor flexible. its very very hard for me but it is doable. and I do not qualify for CHS. Halevi I would!

amother
Blushpink

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:15 am
amother Brown wrote:
interesting that you say it can't work. I'm doing this for 14 years BH. I dont' think I've EVER asked a neighbor or friend a favor to pick up or drop off or watch a kid. I do have the flexibility of picking myself up and leaving if need be but as a whole I put in my full 9:30-3 and DH is completely unavailable nor flexible. its very very hard for me but it is doable. and I do not qualify for CHS. Halevi I would!

9:30 - 3 is not full time. I was questioning how it is possible for both spouses to work full time in Lakewood. I don't see how that can be done unless you are eligible for CHS (not likely if you are both working) or unless you have to come onto friends and family to help out.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:18 am
how do you guys do appts with such tight schedules?

amother
IndianRed

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 2:41 am
I split my hours. So I do 8:30 - 1:30 and then another 2-3 hours at night from home ( my job is the type that lets me)

DH does drop of - he has a reg. 9-5, davens neitz, comes home when I need to leave.
I do pickup

We are not in Lakewood - so drop off here is 8:45 pickup at 2. I pay extra for someone I trust very close to my house so that we don't have extra travel time.

Childcare sucks.

Sounds like Lakewood could use a full day daycare center that isn't CHS

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 3:12 am
I commented earlier that my husband can’t do drop off and pick up and I do it… currently work 9:30-2:50
However, before my third was born I had hours of 8:45-4….in a non chs daycare. I paid a lot of money but cheaper than chs obviously.
Both parents can work full time if the kids are in daycare

bnm

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 7:45 am
When the kids are older its easier to have full time jobs but it dosnt work when kids are younger especially with girls finishing school Friday at 11:30. Parents need a reliable person to take the kid off the bus.

My husband has an office in Lakewood and they have a branch elsewhere. The Lakewood office has less open hours because otherwise they can't get people to work there due to the kids schedules. He was toying with opening an onsite daycare so everyone can stay more hours but I said it won't work once the kids need Primary. Why are primary boys in certain yeshivas finishing before 2? My workmate switches off with her husband so on days thatbhe isn't hanging out by us for a few hours he is at home with his father but calling her every 5 minutes. The whole Lakewood school schedule system doesn't make sense to an outsider even when we have been living and working here for a couple of years.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:48 pm
My kids are teens now and this thread is giving me PTSD from 2010 when one twin had morning preschool and one twin had afternoon preschool. I drove them to school at 8:30 to drop off one twin and drove home. Drove back with the other twin at 11:30 to pick up the morning twin and drove home. Lunched both twins and drove them back at 12:30 to drop off the second twin and drove home. Drove the other twin back at 3:30 to pick up and drove them both home. Drove to and from that school 8 times a day..... AND STILL WORKED (and made decent money then too). Needless to say, that arrangement didn't last long and I made the bulk of my income in the evenings and the twins and I slept till at least 7:45. Smile Also the morning preschool twin and I napped from 1 to 3. Smile (Afternoon twin wasn't napping anymore at that point---- )

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:29 pm
We each work 11-11 on alternating days.

amf

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:45 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
My kids are teens now and this thread is giving me PTSD from 2010 when one twin had morning preschool and one twin had afternoon preschool. I drove them to school at 8:30 to drop off one twin and drove home. Drove back with the other twin at 11:30 to pick up the morning twin and drove home. Lunched both twins and drove them back at 12:30 to drop off the second twin and drove home. Drove the other twin back at 3:30 to pick up and drove them both home. Drove to and from that school 8 times a day..... AND STILL WORKED (and made decent money then too). Needless to say, that arrangement didn't last long and I made the bulk of my income in the evenings and the twins and I slept till at least 7:45. Smile Also the morning preschool twin and I napped from 1 to 3. Smile (Afternoon twin wasn't napping anymore at that point---- )

Getting PTSD just thinking about that! Just move in to your car at that point...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries