Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Niagara falls reenactment in baby land
Previous  1  2

Beautiful

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:00 am
My son spat up a LOT, like rivers, after feeding. I changed his bottle to one that has a way smaller opening and now he barely spits up at all.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:02 am
LittleDucky wrote:
It can be amount of milk and/or the force it comes out. I would be burping constantly...

The other thing I would look into is what you are eating. Maybe baby doesn't like a spicy item you are eating? Dairy? I have had friends who eliminated foods from their diet and that helped.

Burping a lot! Which does make me wonder if she’s just very gassy or what…

I’m off spicy food and pretty much off dairy

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:05 am
tichellady wrote:
My son spit up a lot but it was a laundry issue not a health issue because he was growing well and his mood was fine. It’s yucky and hard but not usually a health concern

True that- had other kids who were big spit uppers and I said exactly this- it’s a laundry issue. The difference is that this one also has screaming fits and is apparently in pain…

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:06 am
amother Vanilla wrote:
Thanks for a good laugh in Adar….
My babies were all in Niagara Falls stage.
One of the things that helped my last baby was taking him to an osteopath. I have no clue what they did to him, some kind of muscle manipulations, I wasn’t allowed in the room, only Daddy.
Within 4 weeks the waterfalls dried up.

Is that like a chiropractor?
Interesting! Someone did mention Cranial sacral but I’m not into these things… guess I should look into it at this point because so far nothing else helped

bnm

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:08 am
If the kid has screaming issues and is in pain go to a gastro or telll the pediatrician you want to try reflux meds anyway. It isnt just a laundry issue.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:09 am
a2z wrote:
Tomatoes

Only tomatoes or all nightshades?

Btw, can I just say how you and rubber ducky are keeping me on my toes here to double check who’s posting what because at first I didn’t realize I was replying to 2 different posters!

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:10 am
bnm wrote:
If the kid has screaming issues and is in pain go to a gastro or telll the pediatrician you want to try reflux meds anyway. It isnt just a laundry issue.

Thanks!
So now if anyone has recommendations for GI in NYC vicinity- please share!

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:12 am
Beautiful wrote:
My son spat up a LOT, like rivers, after feeding. I changed his bottle to one that has a way smaller opening and now he barely spits up at all.

Did you also find he spit up more than the feeding amount?

Can anyone explain this scientifically? (Even if you add the saliva, it’s way more…)

a2z

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:20 am
Sunny Days wrote:
Only tomatoes or all nightshades?

Btw, can I just say how you and rubber ducky are keeping me on my toes here to double check who’s posting what because at first I didn’t realize I was replying to 2 different posters!

I was just adding to her list.

And yes, there have been times when I needed to double check that I didn't write things, then I'm like, oh, it's my doppelganger. LOL

bnm

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:58 am
Dr. Melanie Greifer in NYU.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics