Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Is it true??

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:59 pm
Do hotels really not wash their bedsheets and blankets all the time?
I just heard this and I'm grossed out

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:02 am
Hotels are gross, some more so than others.

The blankets between the sheets they officially don't wash. The sheets they officially wash but you're at the mercy of the maid's mood that day because who really knows?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:04 am
Ok, so let's break this down.

There are over 100,000 hotels in the US. Is there a hotel that doesn't wash their sheets? Probably. Is it common? Very very doubtful.

OP, What is your source that this is common?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:50 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
Ok, so let's break this down.

There are over 100,000 hotels in the US. Is there a hotel that doesn't wash their sheets? Probably. Is it showing common? Very very doubtful.

OP, What is your source that this is common?

Thecomiccooks stories. She's at a hotel and discussing we what part of the bed gets washed and what part never does get washed.

Can I safely assume the armon hotel in Stamford Connecticut is clean and linen is washed? I'm going there soon

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 8:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Thecomiccooks stories. She's at a hotel and discussing we what part of the bed gets washed and what part never does get washed.

Can I safely assume the armon hotel in Stamford Connecticut is clean and linen is washed? I'm going there soon

The flat sheets under the comforter and over the comforter get washed, as well as the sheets. The comforter does not.

I’ve stayed there many times and the linen always smell and look clean, so I wouldn’t assume they use dirty linens.

In the future for any hotel stays- If you want to know for sure if you are sleeping on washed linens, you can bring a black light to check or you can just bring your own linen.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 8:34 am
Hotels are sometimes a necessary evil

essie14

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:47 am
You can always ask for an additional set of Linen and change the sheets yourself.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:51 am
I do not really enjoy staying in hotels. Even if the sheets are washed everything else I assume is germy and not cleaned. I mean, it's essentially a public place where people do lots of private things. I like my own bed and bathroom with my own germs and shmutz!

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:51 am
Hotels nowadays only have white linen. It would be dirty if it wasn’t washed.
However I only stay in nice hotels. I absolutely refuse to stay in motels or cheaper hotels so it could be that they still use those old comforters.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:06 am
amother Clematis wrote:
The flat sheets under the comforter and over the comforter get washed, as well as the sheets. The comforter does not.

I’ve stayed there many times and the linen always smell and look clean, so I wouldn’t assume they use dirty linens.

In the future for any hotel stays- If you want to know for sure if you are sleeping on washed linens, you can bring a black light to check or you can just bring your own linen.

What's a black light, and how do you use it to check if the sheets were washed?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:10 am
Dh travels weekly.

He has, on occasion, found a condom under his pillow. It's safe to assume that the maid didn't put it there on fresh sheets for his convenience.

Eta not talking about the armon.

happyone

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:21 am
I take my.own linens. I've found hair and SOCKS in linens so I trust no hotels.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:24 am
amother Khaki wrote:
What's a black light, and how do you use it to check if the sheets were washed?

U-K Durable ProcessedMini Detection 9 LED UV Ultra Violet Flashlight Blacklight Torch Light Lamp Durable and Useful (D0O1030114O) https://a.co/d/aIL3KGt
Use this Uv light to check for body fluids. 🤢

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:39 am
amother Ecru wrote:
However I only stay in nice hotels. I absolutely refuse to stay in motels or cheaper hotels so it could be that they still use those old comforters.

White linen used for a night or 2 wouldn't necessarily look visibly dirty. You might find some hairs though.

Even the nice hotels have the same issues. Obviously older, cheap motels/hotels are worse.

It's the type of thing you just try not to think about and move on with life.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:15 pm
There's more than one youtube video showing dirty linens.
Also can't remember the details but a case in politics where they got someone in trouble from DNA from his hotel room weeks or months in the past...

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:33 pm
amother Ecru wrote:

Nice hotels don't wash blankets or comforters between guests, either.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics