Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Steak for shabbos

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 7:26 am
How would I cook rib steak so I can serve friday night and wont be totally dried out??

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 7:29 am
I make a cowboy steak or rib steak for Friday night every week
Either I grill it right before shabbos, or I marinate, then sear in a pan on each side, then broil in oven for a few mins
It’s not dried out

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 7:33 am
Sear it right before Shabbos and serve room temp.
It depends how thick it is
If it’s very thick like a cowboy steak you can put it on top of other food on the blech to keep warm
I like mine steak rare, though
Also, the best way to sear with a steak is shmear if in with Mayo. It gives it a crispy brown exterior without over cooking the inside

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 7:35 am
amother Gray wrote:
I make a cowboy steak or rib steak for Friday night every week
Either I grill it right before shabbos, or I marinate, then sear in a pan on each side, then broil in oven for a few mins
It’s not dried out

Thanks do you warm it or serve room temperature?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 7:40 am
amother Aqua wrote:
Sear it right before Shabbos and serve room temp.
It depends how thick it is
If it’s very thick like a cowboy steak you can put it on top of other food on the blech to keep warm
I like mine steak rare, though
Also, the best way to sear with a steak is shmear if in with Mayo. It gives it a crispy brown exterior without over cooking the inside

Would have never thought to use mayo thanks gonna try

grateful2bmom

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 2:03 pm
Dinner Done has a recipe for slow cooked minute steaks that I’ve made on Friday. I stick it in an oven at 220 right before Shabbos and keep it there until the meal. It is delicious!

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 2:13 pm
When I make steak (cowboy or rib) for shabbos, I make it as close to shabbos as possible and put on top of crock pot wrapped in foil sometime during the meal. Probably after challah, but depends how long your meal goes. Wouldn’t keep it on for too long, just to warm up.

SingALong

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 3:34 pm
I marinate my cowboy steak at around 1, let it sit for an hour. then sear both sides on grill or in grill pan for about 5 to 8 minutes per side. I’ll also sear the side edges for a minute or two if it’s still bright red. Then I put it in a pan with the juices. I leave it on the counter till the zman, then I put it on top of the crockpot until it’s time to be served. It’s warm and moist. Dh slices it at the table and gives it out

Amarante

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 4:08 pm
I will be a voice of dissent - if you have paid for the huge expense of a rib eye steak, don't ruin it by treating it like a meat that should be braised.

It is a tender meat succulent meat marbled with a bit of fat which is why it can be seared quickly and served medium rare unlike tough cuts like brisket or chuck which need long slow cooking to tenderize.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics