Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
How to get dd to stop picking at crumbs and pieces of food
Previous  1  2

amother
Lightgray

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 2:02 pm
11 year old DD does this. And so do I.

For me, the only important part is not sharing germs - so teach her not to stick her fingers back if she licked them (drop it into her mouth instead, or use a fork/spoon to get the crumbs) etc).

My dd has minor motor skills issues, using silverware seems difficult for her, so picking up small pieces wit her fingers is an easier way to eat.

For me, sometimes I'm just a bit hungry. I don't want a whole piece of challah, just an extra bit. Or there is a tiny piece of crispy potato on the side of the pan or a little onion next to the chicken and those are the best bits and I like to pick them out and eat them because they are my favorite.

I also don't do these things at other people's houses or in front of guests unless it is with a utensil, and I never double dip, no finger licking.

From my perspective, I don't really see anything wrong with it if hygiene is maintained.

ray family

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 2:26 pm
Crumbs are the best part!

amother
Banana

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 9:10 pm
Before I got to the end of your post, I was wondering if she had adhd. Tell her she can have crumbs, but she must use a utensil and put them on her own plate.

I also love picking at crumbs with my fingers, but I would never do that in public or in front of guests.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children