Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Integrated co- taught classes in a Jewish school?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 11:19 am
My 6th grade DD is the type of learner who would be in an ICT class if she were in public school. Right now in her BY school in NYC she gets RR once a day and is failing all her subjects but there is nothing else the school can offer. Are there classes in any school in NY that have a special education teacher pushing into the classroom all day or most of the day? The once daily pull out is not working. It's time to explore other options either for now or for HS.
DD is neurotypical and social so it would have to be a class in a middle school/high school that caters to kids with learning disabilities, not global developmental delays, or one that is integrated.

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 11:48 am
What hashkafa are you looking for and what age?
These do exist, but they are expensive and your options are limited, especially the older they get.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 4:58 pm
What are the options? Right now like I said my DD is in a BY school but she's failing her limudei kodesh tests and doesn't remember what she's learned from before so I'm open to anything, I just want her to be in the right environment to learn

teachkids

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 5:47 pm
There’s Sinai and Ptach for the modern orthodox world. I’ve definitely seen ads in Mishpacha for bais Yaakov s with smaller classes that teach the student

nicole81

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 6:23 pm
teachkids wrote:
There’s Sinai and Ptach for the modern orthodox world. I’ve definitely seen ads in Mishpacha for bais Yaakov s with smaller classes that teach the student

Ptach isn't for the modox world exclusively. They have classes in by drav meir, chofetz chaim, etc. and even at the HS level, the classes may be in modox schools but they're composed of students from all religious backgrounds.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 6:32 pm
Look into tiferes Miriam
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries