Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Celiac friendly restaurants in monsey and Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:40 pm
Visiting monsey and Lakewood with celiac family members. Are there any celiac friendly restaurants? All info appreciated.

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:25 pm
I don't know about meat but many pizza stores will make GF pizza and try to keep it separate.
I think it depends how sensitive a person is

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:27 pm
Not sure but I was just at peppercrust in Monsey and they had gluten free by lots of menu items....but it's a steakhouse so there was plenty thats gluten free.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:29 pm
Authentic kosher Chinese has a gluten free menu and it is 100% gluten free. My family is extremely sensitive and we have eaten there and had no negative reactions

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:34 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
Authentic kosher Chinese has a gluten free menu and it is 100% gluten free. My family is extremely sensitive and we have eaten there and had no negative reactions

Monsey or Lakewood?
Sorry, I'm not from here.

amother
Peony

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:36 pm
J2 north has pizza and a separate fryer for fries.
Glatt bite has a small amt of gf but mostly grown up food like grilled/steamed chicken.
Authentic chinese is really good

I believe that kava and uppercrust have options for gf pasta.

In general if you're really sensitive it might not work for you. I;m not sure how careful any of them are about cross contamination...

amother
Hyacinth

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Monsey or Lakewood?

lakewood

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Monsey or Lakewood?

Lakewood
On clifton ave

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:59 pm
Thank you!

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:01 pm
Bagel king in Lakewood has gf bagels and will be careful with cross contamination if you tell them you're celiac

amother
Peony

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:21 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
Bagel king in Lakewood has gf bagels and will be careful with cross contamination if you tell them you're celiac

I dont know...
They use the same tuna spreader and tub of tuna, egg salad etc, I had to tell them to line the toaster tray, at least wipe the sharp knife between cutting reg and gf bagels etc.
I dont blame them. Its coming from ignorance not maliciousness and its sort of a calculated risk that I take so that my son can feel included and not always 'othered'.

I'm also not really convinced that it better in most other places. The only exception being authentic chinese. I think most of their food is actually GF and its the gluten foods that are just menu fillers that they keep separately.

For an adult that trying to really be careful I would suggest sticking to salads
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries