Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Daylight savings coming up!

mom923

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:23 pm
are you doing anything different for naps/bedtimes? This is my first and hearing mixed messages on how it will affect her sleep.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:26 pm
How old is your baby and is it on a set schedule?

mom923

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:28 pm
She’s 6 months. Naps every 2.5 hours and goes to bed at 7:30/8 every night.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:37 pm
mom923 wrote:
She’s 6 months. Naps every 2.5 hours and goes to bed at 7:30/8 every night.

FTM too Smile but my baby is older
Basically she wont be tired until 830/9 so it'll take some time to transition her to new schedule.
You can either have it take a few days next week or start changing her schedule from a few days before we change the clock.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:39 pm
An important factor in how the circadian rhythm works is wakeup time as well.
Does she wake up at a consistent time? If yes better to start gradually moving it by 10/15 minutes until you reach an hour.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:40 pm
If your baby wakes up at a decent hour you can start moving bedtime back by a few minutes every night. My baby has been waking up at 5:30-6 so I'm not moving bedtime back and hope to enjoy a few days of "sleeping in" next week.
But really this clock change is the easy one. It's the fall time change that I dread.

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:45 pm
All my kids magical change their own schedules a week before we change the clocks…
My kids who used to wake at 4:30 are now sleeping till 5:30 magically. I was amazed till I realized we’re changing the clocks Sunday

amother
Maize

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:53 pm
I have 3 kids and have never done anything special ever to “adjust” their sleep to prepare for clock changes. It all just naturally works out the day or two after clock changing.

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:08 pm
Put to sleep and naps 10 min later each night so by Sunday baby will be back on schedule.

mom923

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:09 pm
amother Red wrote:
If your baby wakes up at a decent hour you can start moving bedtime back by a few minutes every night. My baby has been waking up at 5:30-6 so I'm not moving bedtime back and hope to enjoy a few days of "sleeping in" next week.
But really this clock change is the easy one. It's the fall time change that I dread.

I’ll do this 😂 she’s been waking up between 6:30-7 recently so I’ll enjoy the few days it takes her to realize the time change
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics